Mazda good or bad?

petal05, Jan 2, 12:53am
Mazda, Mazda all the way,'have had about 6 or 7, Demio at the moment.
Best car for price, re sale, and parts.

truckr, Jan 2, 1:25am
it is neither. it's what you do with it.lol

truckr, Jan 2, 1:31am
you would be better off sticking with a toyotathey are reliable far more than a mazda,somthing like a little corolla or echo would be the go

thejazzpianoma, Jan 2, 4:30am
Even though I am a fan (I own 2 Alfa's) I would avoid the 147 and the Polo in this price bracket and transmission option. (for your intended purposes anyway OP)

The Golf (or Audi A3 which is the same mechanically) would be brilliant though, by far and away the most car for the money.

Just make sure you are getting the MK5 though (which is the new model starting around 03/04), these can actually be had for 10K now.

The DSG is not only going to be the nicest auto transmission to use its also going to be about the best in terms of fuel economy and reliability. Servicing is cheap and easy too. While their are many other benefits to the VW the transmission alone shoots it miles ahead of what the others in the size/price range can offer.

Go drive one and fall in love.

If you decide you like one OP and you want a guide as to what to look for in a good one and what to expect for maintenance let me know.

haventrader, Jan 2, 9:50pm
We bought a Mazda Verisa. This has proved to be a great little car. Good on fuel, brilliant around town and on the open road. It is packed with features and very smart styling. Chain driven engine (avoid costly cambelt replacement). These start around $8,000 depending on mileage and year.

pocoyo, Dec 30, 9:50pm
does anyone know of any problems with them! are they reliable, cheap to run, parts etc. ive got a toyota corolla now but want to upgrade. looking at getting a mazda familia hatch or something similar

morrisman1, Dec 30, 9:51pm
It would help to know what year. Some of them are pretty bland but reliability wise are right up at the top.

pocoyo, Dec 30, 9:53pm
im thinking around 2002-2003

pocoyo, Dec 30, 9:55pm

morrisman1, Dec 30, 9:56pm
ok. Id avoid an auto one if you can because the autos are just horrible to drive. Otherwise if you are OK with the plastic interior and the way it drives then go for it.

What is your mission requirements for your car! There may be other suitable options.

edangus, Dec 30, 9:59pm
Good young ladies car. Manual or Auto is Fine.

May pay to change the plugs every 20,000km though, however they are cheap as chips to buy.

pocoyo, Dec 30, 10:00pm
yea im wanting an auto. what other cars would you suggest that are similar. i want a small-ish 4door hatch

edangus, Dec 30, 10:04pm
What is your budget!
You do have a lot of choices in this group

pocoyo, Dec 30, 10:09pm
id pay up to 10k for something nice. i dont want an ugly car lol

pocoyo, Dec 30, 10:13pm
any other suggestions!

edangus, Dec 30, 10:19pm
Ok so non ugly ones to me are.
VW Golf / Polo
Mazda Demio (2) / Axela (3)
Mitsubishi Mirage / Colt
Ford Fiesta / Focus
Alfa Romeo 147
Honda Civic

cuda.340, Dec 30, 10:59pm
we have 2x Mazdas in our family. an '07 diesel & an old '92 AZ3. both vehicals run real well & the AZ3 has loads of electronics & everything still works! both are maunuals tho.

chebry, Dec 31, 12:07am
For a around town puddle jumper anything on that list would do I wouldnt be keen on automatics from europe though.

trade4us2, Dec 31, 12:21am
I've had an automatic Mazda for 16 years. Just so reliable.I change the oil,filters and plugs myself.Nothing else goes wrong.