GPS trackers!

narnies, Aug 29, 8:52pm
Does anyone have one, am thinking about getting one for my car but not sure whats the best brand and who fits them!

tnt423, Aug 29, 9:10pm
I have one, I also have some on order that I will be listing up on here when they turn up. They are pretty easy to install, for a basic install you only need two hook up two wires + and -, or you can wire in a relay and shut off the engine, any one that can install a head unit could install one, what car is it going in!

narnies, Aug 29, 9:19pm
Where did you get yours from! Its for a silvia

tnt423, Aug 29, 9:27pm
From the manufacturer.

narnies, Aug 29, 9:37pm
this is the one im looking at how does it compare with yours!

noswalg, Aug 29, 9:56pm
If you want to get it cheaper buy direct from chinavasion which is where most of the stuff on here comes from, can't comment on how well the tracking devices work but other things I've bought from them have been good!

tnt423, Aug 29, 10:21pm
They are a really good unit, one of the better ones, you need to add $50 for a Vodafone sim card and credit.

tnt423, Aug 29, 10:27pm
Chinavasion is expensive, but still cheaper than on here.

narnies, Aug 29, 11:17pm
Thanks, can any auto electrician install them or!

tnt423, Aug 30, 12:24am
Yes or Alarm installer, its not hard at all.

bigfatmat1, Aug 30, 12:36am

hawkeye30, Aug 30, 2:54am
That website cool but i dont see anything about converting into NZ $! Surely their prices quoted are not for NZ! what country do we use to check the exchange rate to find out how much their stuff really will cost/ Thanks

morrisman1, Aug 30, 3:04am
deal extreme is american. Hardly a conversion these days!

hawkeye30, Aug 30, 3:06am
thanks i couldnt find that on the site!

divermark, Aug 30, 6:41am
Or you can go with a NZ company with on line monitoring. trackit co nz

tnt423, Aug 30, 7:20am

sparkles_bc, Aug 30, 8:25am
Got mine off trademe for $100, but they're around $80NZD shipped on ebay.
Installed myself; just 2 wires, and put in a 2degrees sim card that cost me $5. Texts are only 9c each.

You send it a text message and it replies (with a text message) its current longitude and latitude or use a computer to connect to it over internet to track it in 20 second increments

gasngo2, Aug 30, 9:09am
have a look at the snitch gps units,you need a voda phone pre payed sim card,it txts you if your cars been tampered with,go online and track it easily

craigsmith, Oct 9, 5:52pm
Remember it's only a $150 or $200 jamming device that will render it worthless.