Trade me GPS with reversing camera

tel4, Dec 21, 12:52am
Ive had one similar now for over 1 yr.They are great.No problems.Thay usually run from a micro SD card that holds the software so it means you can change the Nav system if you are capable of altering a few lines of instructions in the files.I had one with the IGO-Primo nav system but swapped out the software to the IGO-8 software because it is better (IMHO).You can get ones on here with the IGO-8.

wizid, Dec 21, 7:06pm
yes i just got 1.an igo8it goes ok very pleased with the reversing cam . but the gps is hard to see . it does not have anti glare glass in it . where my navman did

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 21, 7:49pm
If all you're wanting from the unit is for it to 'look good' then that one's probably perfect.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 21, 7:54pm
Oh, and given they're so proud of the brand that they mention it at every opportunity there's no chance it'll be some shonky made chinese designed knock-off that only lasts 7 months and you'll never be able to get hold of the seller to honour his obligations under the express warranty of 6 months much less the CGA. Oh no, Siree!

wizid, Dec 21, 8:03pm
it looks like any other gps unit .

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 21, 8:15pm
Yeah, but it's cheap so it's perfect for the stated criteria of 'looking good'.

wizid, Dec 21, 8:17pm
this unit cost me more than my navman .

pup2, Dec 21, 9:30pm
understand what your saying, but how expensive does it have to be before it is good. Their buy now is $160 but you can pick up a Garmin nuvi 1350 for $200 freight free at the moment. No reverse cam is the only thing. Otherwise a very tidy unit for the price and a named brand. Horror is right, these days you get what you pay for. Odd exception but generally right

meathead_timaru, Dec 21, 9:34pm
Since when was price an accurate gauge of quality!

dinosaw88, Dec 21, 10:42pm
Its going to be a gift for my father, the built in reversing camera is why Im considering these instead of just buying a garmin or whatever from dick smith. If it does what its supposed to and doesnt crap out in a month or two, i think we'll both be happy.

jimjonesy, Dec 21, 11:22pm
It is with most stuff I buy - and I never shop at the wharehouse.

pup2, Dec 22, 2:14am
Since we are quoting, heres the last part of what i said as you must have missed it."these days you get what you pay for. Odd exception but generally right"
I just use my phone for gps, like the idea of the cam though. The wifes car is a bit of a pig to see if the kids are running past the back of it.

bmwnz, Dec 22, 2:26am
I bought one of those. No-name as stated above. I was interested in it for the reversing camera as my car can be a swine with rear view, but have yet to install it. I've had it for around 6 months and just used it as a GPS. IMHO, it works perfectly for a GPS unit. It cost me $70 from here.
I had a (self-induced) fault with the one I bought and the seller replaced it all without question. Igo Primo!