FALCON XA BONNET GT TYPE

120e, Aug 30, 5:27am
NEW OR AS GOOD AS.

fryan1962, Aug 30, 5:28am
wanted! lost! or found!

clr26, Aug 30, 6:04am
He wants one. would be cool if someone in christchurch could list one for hiim.

jason18, Aug 30, 6:06am
I want a dash and vents for my bonnet

extrayda, Aug 30, 7:10am
I want the whole car.Prepared to pay up to $1000 for a minter. $999 for yours jason, as it's almost a GT :-)

lookoutas, Aug 30, 7:30am
The XA bonnet was just a standard bonnet with flush fitting scoops.
Those scoops used to be cheap.
Or do you mean the XB copy of the 71-73 Mustang bonnet!
That bonnet will fit, but it won't match up with the XA guards.

120e, Aug 30, 7:48am
I need an xa one with factory vent pressings.

treachug, Aug 30, 8:13am
wouldnt that rip ya undies.we got exactly that at work but its heading to Auckland tomorrow. Bad bad timing.2 weeks too late

jason18, Aug 30, 8:25am
hahah Sold!

extrayda, Aug 30, 9:06am
haha written contract - I'll be there in a couple of hours ;-)
I prefer almost everything about an XA to an XB, except I do like the XB bonnet better.I also *wanted* to fit the old LTD front to my XA (the one with the concealed flip over headlights) - in the end though I kept the body standard apart from cutting a hole in the rear valance for the second exhaust and repaint in a BMW grey.Hey it was the 80's !

120e, Aug 30, 9:50am
I may have to settle for a standed one ifno GTones for sale.

rob_man, Aug 30, 10:00am
Aren't there repro bonnets available from that Aussie outfit! There was a thread about them a few weeks back.

lordv81, Aug 30, 10:04am
Why dont you just get one made!dont they just fit the remanufactured alloy vents or the less appealing fibre glass vents to a standard bonnet!

rob_man, Aug 30, 10:11am

fordkiwi27, Aug 30, 11:20am
xa gt coupe. best front end for sure

fordmfp, Aug 30, 8:27pm
The vents had a recessed lip that they sit in and buckets for the pins which can be done to a standard bonnet if you are handy with that sort of thing, There is a thread on aussie ford forums showing how to do it

120e, Aug 30, 11:08pm
No one got one they want to list though!

lookoutas, Aug 31, 5:23am
My memory was half on track that they were recessed. I fitted some to a standard bonnet on an HT Monaro, and they looked OK not recessed. But for a genuine look, you could use something like a joggling tool to get the general shape, then a lot of patience and painstaking hammering.

Someone with a laser, water-jet cutter, milling machine, could make some die's, and then a clever bugga could make them work in a press. They'd have to be curved to the shape of the bonnet, but it could be quicker & tidier than stuffing around by hand.
I've always thought of doing this for pressing recessed bung-holes in new floor panels.

After seeing robs link - they used to be cheap!

120e, Sep 2, 1:14am
No luck so far. If anyone has one let me know. Thanks