1995 Suzuki Vitara V6 !

chutneyman, Aug 29, 1:18am
Hi all. Another damn problem has arisen !Seems Im leaking Power Stearing fluid and the steering is a nightmare !As Im no mechanic,but no fool either, I just cant see the pump to check for the leak !Any ideas please.thanks

ceebee2, Aug 29, 6:04am
Not with that description, have a good look with a bright torch as a leak could be from a number of places. Whatever you do keep it topped up correctly as it will be costly if run dry!
Do you see ATF on the driveway! If so it will guide you to look there. Probably easier to get a competent Mechanic to look / quote the job for you.

chutneyman, Aug 30, 1:27am
Thankyou,Will get it to mechanic !

desmodave, Aug 30, 2:16am
As Im no mechanic,but no fool either.Have you ever checked the power steering fluid level ! if you can find the fluid reservoir the pump should be near by. The same belt that drives your alternator will probably drive the power steering pump aswell.

chutneyman, Aug 30, 8:26pm
This is odd, I cant find anywhere in the engine bay where the fluid wouldgo.There is how ever, a small silver "thing" with a screw on lid just to the right of the radiator.It has nothing written on it sounsure what it is !

carclan, Aug 31, 1:05am
It has an orange cap on it I think. Check with your handbook to be sure

andy61, Aug 31, 2:47am
chutneyman wrote:
This is odd, I cant find anywhere in the engine bay where the fluid wouldgo.There is how ever, a small silver "thing" with a screw on lid just to the right of the radiator.It has nothing written on it sounsure what it is ![/quote

That is the power steer reservior on the left of the radiator(when sitting behind steering wheel),undo the cap and it has a dipstick attached to it.If you follow the hoses they go the the power steer pump.