Nissan BLUEBIRD SYLPHY 2004

petetang, Aug 27, 7:05pm
Looking at buying one of these but seem to be a lotfor sale are they any good .

morrisman1, Aug 27, 7:55pm
generally yes. they are basically a nissan pulsar with a different body shape. There seem to be heaps in the country, must have been popular with the importers. Good thing from that is spares are easy to get if you need them.

kazbanz, Aug 27, 8:07pm
petetang - The silphy in 2004 comes in 3 engine/gearbox setups
The main one in NZIS an 1800cc nissan pulsar with a normal automatic gearbox. They are really reliable vehicles.
Theres the 1500cc verion with a manual gearbox.again really reliable -the engine is straight out of the nissan sunny
The third variation is 2.0l with a cvt transmission. -THIS model is the one that gives mechanical issues. The gearbox can give problems and the camchain is known to stretch early (80-120km) giving running problems
Inside they usually have 3 types of trim.
Beige with woodgrain.-personally I don't like it but it does make the car feel lighter inside.
Dark grey cloth -IMO the nicest trim level
light grey trim -looks good but a bit industrial-no woodgrain

andy61, Aug 27, 9:17pm
You sell these cars yet you spell their name wrong !

bignzer1, Aug 27, 10:26pm
And your problem is!

kazbanz, Aug 27, 10:34pm
Yup-I haddn't had my morning Coffee.
Actually Ill tell you a lil secret. When I list a car I use the real/propper name in the heading but in the description i often deliberately misspell the name.Sylphy asSilphy or silphie and Presage as pressage etc. You'll never guess why

splinter67, Aug 27, 10:36pm
Ha you just like winding up the spelling police

kazbanz, Aug 27, 10:38pm
x1
LOLbut nope. Its because people don't remember the spelling accurately. So by using the variations I increase my chances of the car coming up on a search.

stevo2, Aug 28, 6:14am
Ahhh. Bluebird Sylphy. Favourite of taxi drivers. Reliable and not to thirsty.