Jeep grand or ford explore

Page 2 / 2
offrd1, Aug 22, 8:19pm
I see there is a Black one in Queenstown $18000 or near offer 106 ks good luck and a few in Auckland

desmodave, Aug 22, 8:19pm
Had a great run with my Cherokee it never let me down. Sold it to a friend and its still going hard. After seeing the run i had in my cherokee another friend here in Karamea bought 1. His wife had an prang while driving over the bluffs and they were never happy with the repair work so they wouldnt except it back. They got paid out 12g and went and bought a nz new with service records grand cherokee overland v8 with around 120000km on the clock. That was about 4 years ago now and apart from regular servicing witch is done at the agents in chch theres only been 1 sensor (cant recall what for) thats needed replacement. They claim its abit better on fuel than thier 6 cylinder cherokee. For a hard out tow wagon theres lots of options but they wont all have a v8 motor.

desmodave, Aug 22, 8:24pm
Sounds like a very concusive test you did there .May be they were letting you merg .

ksam, Aug 22, 8:29pm
Mmm, I did wonder if they new they were in a race.

tmenz, Aug 22, 9:24pm
Remember that Ford built the first Jeep.

mcwoods, Aug 22, 9:50pm
i did see the 1 in queenstown but we wanna buy it asap so its gotta be in chch. tried to get the addy for the plate number of the one in rangiora but post shop dont do it anymore gotta go through land transport and takes 15 days, shame i would have paid cash today for that 1. awell, ill go to town and get this silver 1.
thanks guys!

monaro17, Aug 23, 3:11am
Haha. No I was a good 2 lengths ahead and I could still hear the V8 reving right up

mcwoods, Aug 23, 4:07am
okay the jeep in the link was a no go turns out its really in dunners, and the car yard had no cars in it just pictures of cars. looked to dodgy to me, so flag! need me another jeep grand cherokee under 20 k! V8 or diesel turbo.
any1 keen to sell :)

sifty, Aug 23, 4:10am
Indeed, did sound like one of those tossers who think everyone is racing.

bashfulbro, Aug 23, 4:40am
Agree 100%

jenny188, Aug 23, 4:54am
Grab plane from Chch to Queenstown. be there in under 40 minutes

mcwoods, Aug 23, 6:59am
thats a good point, been offered a 2003 explorer from dads mate down the pub, 80,000kms mags leather v8for 17k pretty good deal, and its just down the road rather tempting since to get a jeep i gotta go either nelson or queenstown, but from what everyones said i think its would be a bad idea.

hfc2, Aug 23, 7:27am
Go for a vx cruiser, best tow wagon full stop.

offrd1, Aug 23, 7:32am
PLEASE PLEASE Don't do it you will regret .I'm not being a blind Jeep nut.as above a VX Cruiser would be far better.anything but a exploder

edangus, Aug 23, 7:56am
Jeep

shakespeare6, Aug 23, 8:17am
Ive driven 4x4's all my working lifeall off road workstill driving ajap 4x4 ,my mrs keep pestering me to get her a jeepfor her out doors activity , Brought a 97 cherokee while ago , best wagon ever, can't be leave how well they go how tough they are love the straight 6 not concerned about the gas, use's less then her old v8 com. heaps parts available . Id buy another in a second and might end up getting one for work

horsepower7, Aug 23, 8:27am
both are a pain in the ass. i like the look of explorers but id go with the jeep, we sell a few at work.

mcwoods, Aug 24, 3:49am
okay! ive heard enought about the ford to say not gonna risk that! jeep it is. i hear what ya saying about the vx cruiser butwe only spending 15 - 20k and we wont even get something in the 2000's for that.

offrd1, Aug 24, 5:27am
PHEW.lol.we saved you .Yes the VX Cruisers are over priced,,they are a good 4x4 though