AU XR6 Falcon economy

jasoo, Aug 15, 2:54am
What sort of economy would you get from one of these in ute form with a manual gearbox! How much would its usage go up towing a trailer!
Thanks

monaro17, Aug 15, 3:47am
As with most aussie sixes you can expect a realistic 11-13L/100km town running and 7-9L/100km highway. As for the towing figure, what weight is the trailer!

jasoo, Aug 15, 3:56am
Approx 600kg loaded.

monaro17, Aug 15, 3:59am
Oh ok that's not too heavy- probably around 12L/100km on the highway. My v6 ve commodore does 17-18L/100km towing 1800kg

chris_051, Aug 15, 4:02am
My old xr6 manual ute would do 8.5 highway and about 11 around town, great utes one of the best cars I've owned.

hamishcookie, Aug 15, 4:05am
My EF auto sedan used to get low 9's on long trips, towed a tandem car trailer from Te Aroha to Auckland and averaged 9.7 according to trip computer loaded my brothers commie on and drove back to Otorohanga at a reasonable pace and averaged 13.7. was a Ghia and had lower ratio diff in it used to sit at 2000rpm at 100kph

smac, Aug 15, 4:14am
Towed a 500kg trailer (empty) with a BA XR6 auto - was sitting on 12.5l/100 on the open road. As above should be under 10 otherwise. Economy certainly does take a hit towing.

twink19, Aug 15, 9:47am
my old AU tow car, uses 10.5 lt / 100 towing car, about 1100 kg.

monaro17, Aug 16, 4:00am
It also depends on the physical proportions of the towed vehicle. If you tow a boat you would use less fuel than if you were towing a caravan. Its said that towing a 2000kg boat is like towing a 1500kg caravan because a boat is more aerodynamic and cuts through the wind better.

guest, Sep 26, 5:14am
I am quite new to the internet and neeedd to read up on this subject. Thought it was a fantastic post very well written and informative. I will definitely be coming back to your blog to read more articles as i adored this one..

guest, Sep 28, 3:55pm
It's true. In Los Angeles police do not come out unsels someone is injured. Thank God you got her license plate. That is the most important thing you could have gotten.You need to put in the claim with your insurance company. Since the accident was not your fault it will not count against you so put in the claim. Let your insurance company do the work and go after her. That is what you pay them to do. When your insurance company starts sending her letters and puts in her collections she will cough up her insurance info or they may put her in collections.Do you have collision coverage? Uninsured motorist coverage? Put in the claim with your insurance company. Let them help you. They will explain what they can do for you. Put in the Claim!!!