Once again waiting on paint to dry.

morrisman1, Sep 18, 11:10am
It feels like half the time spend working on the ute is spent waiting for the damn paint to dry. It's even more time now that Ive got my sandblaster so basically everything that gets fitted gets sandblasted and recoated.

That wattyl kill-rust stuff takes ages to dry when its not warm and breezy too. I was hoping to get the front bumper assembled tonight but instead the parts are just hanging up drying.

Slowing getting there but it feels like very slow progress currently.

guider1, Sep 18, 11:35am
Hang them in the lounge near the fire if wifey agrees.

ginga4lyfe, Sep 18, 11:41am
or you could get a heat lamp! just dont put anything flammable in-front of it, and i would suggest pointing it at the not seen side of the panels, iv accidentally burnt paint on one, also got a nice tan from one too. Mind youyou only need it warm, not hot, maybe strip out a few old crappy ovens make a massive box with vents and set up the plates in there to keep the box nice and warm!

morrisman1, Sep 18, 11:48am
Dont have a wife, only 21! I once put a datsun 1200 engine block in mums oven on fanbake at 60 degrees to get it ready to paint. Lets just say that did not go down well. Thankfully the oven was shortly to be replaced otherwise I may not be here today!

drew2009, Sep 18, 11:51am
i used to use a great big 15 fin oil heater to keep the garage warm while painting, kept risk of fire low and made all the difference in winter time.
could wheel it over and leave parts drying next to it they are cheap as hell on here to.

morrisman1, Sep 18, 12:05pm
I have a bit of fun developing waste engine oil powered furnaces and The latest one is approximately 60Kw output but needs a bit of work to make it last because steel just falls to bits at over 1000°C

I am going to build a combustion chamber which is suitable for various attachments including foundry, boiler and heater. I am going to experiment with how I can use the new compressor to get a good atomisation of fuel. Atomisation of fuel is critical for good response and ease of operation.

drew2009, Sep 18, 12:13pm
That is something that also interests me I have never built one before but have checked out some designs and it looks fairly straightfoward.
Didnt you have a video on youtube i think i have seen it before.

morrisman1, Sep 18, 12:18pm
yea theres a few videos of some rather crude burners which have all helped in building a bit of knowledge about them. I think I have the chamber design fairly good now and am wanting to get the best atomisation of thicker oils (unheated engine oil) as I can. I may have to purchase a specially designed nozzle.

fungles, Sep 18, 12:22pm
Water. drip it in with the oil. instant atomisation and clean burning.

drew2009, Sep 18, 12:43pm
Yeah that seems to be the main problem with waste engine oil, to thick and sludgy. I saw a design once that wrapped the copper oil inlet pipe around the chimney to heat it up before it was fired into the combustion chamber but of course it wouldn't help you much until the unit warmed up.

guider1, Sep 18, 8:49pm
We had one of those to warm the shed for a party. went really well with 20L lasting around 8-10hrs. It choked a bit on diff oil though. lol.

lookoutas, Sep 18, 8:55pm
That means there'll be tons of room in the shed for morri

elect70, Nov 6, 6:04pm
I used infrared bar heaters on standbeforeno point in try to heat the whole garage .