Remember ''kero'' at the pump?

saki, Sep 18, 12:21am
Yeah and $7 at the local nargy

saki, Sep 18, 12:44am
Old naval saying

ignoramus1, Sep 18, 1:07am
I used to get it x pump by the 20 litre .used loads in my workshop but not enough to get theh 44gal

you might find it less than $5 / l at supremarket , or do what i do now .wait till supercheap autos has 25% of days and get 4 litre packs.

what i realy resent is all the waste of idiotic 1 liter plastic bottles .Bet some of the Indian comunity know where to buy it in bulk .loads of them love using kero cookers

lordv81, Sep 18, 2:34am
Try places that sell bulk pain and panel beating supplies.I always buy thinners at those places for around $3 a litre for good thinners,bring your own containerss etc,they sometimes do kero and turps cheap.Also bigger roading companies sell Kero if they have tanks,last place I worked had a tank and bowser of Kero.Used for asphalt and cleaning etc,verrry cheap.

johnf_456, Sep 18, 4:24am
Gosh I remember those days, I wait to its on special at supercheap and then I stock up.

pge, Sep 18, 5:26am
Wasn't it the same as Shellite!

I used to run my Model A on it, it was a lot cheaper than petrol, and with 4.5:1 compression ratio, ran a lot better.

rob_man, Nov 3, 2:41am
No, it's totally different. What you're talking about is the equivalent to Britolite which was a cheap solvent for a while and was basically very low octane petrol. If you added toluol to it you could run a car on it, just.
It would have been ideal for your old clunker.