Car Snobs

Page 1 / 2
hotrodtodd1, Sep 3, 4:46am
Was looking at the "Holden v8 versus Holden 6 thread and figure we are all really just car snobs.

So what wouldnt you want to own or even be seen dead in!

Do Kia owners thank the good Lord everyday that they dont have a Great Wall ute!

Me! I detest people carriers.they are the ultimate in automotive blaaaa,

kazbanz, Sep 3, 5:12am
nahhI honestly couldn't care less. Ive turned up at a hoitie toity place in a bongo van and a paint peeling oil leaking POS.

huggy5, Sep 3, 5:44am
I didn't think I was, I've never had a 'cool' car. but in my thread I was pretty disparaging about the FunCargo.So maybe I am.And I do refer to cars with 7 seats as 'loser cruisers'.

tigra, Sep 3, 5:47am
Bankrupt Dealers Ball!

tmenz, Sep 3, 6:20am
My tatty old Hiace van is good for any occasion!

mantagsi, Sep 3, 6:27am
Those funcargos aren't actually too bad, a guy at work has one and it is a surprisingly spacious little van, and it would put Jazz's euros to shame with its fuel economy and grunt! :P

vtecintegra, Sep 3, 6:52am
I would totally drive a high spec current (or previous) shape Odyssey if I had any real reason to.

Also some of the modern Kias are really nice cars - like a Hyundai with better styling

rob_man, Sep 3, 7:27am
You mean boon movers!

dr.doolittle, Sep 3, 7:38am
Then you are not a true lover of the Automobile, or 'car' as you probably know it.
A true lover (of cars) doesn't care what they drive, as long as they get to drive. It's all about the experience.

extrayda, Sep 3, 7:46am
Why detest people movers - they are functional, and I doubt many people own them by choice (yes, I own one!).If you need 6 seat plus, there aren't a lot of options out there.I'm not a fan of anything with a droney fart cannon, massive rims and the sideways exhaust.To me they just scream 'try hard'.A well detailed Japper with decent mods can look (and go) fine, but there are some monstrosities out there.I also think that the HSV Holdens (with the neons and all of the bling) are getting to be quite rice.But that's just me :-)

extrayda, Sep 3, 7:51am
moosie - that car just needs a few more gauges and a sideways exhaust (can't see it).I think it looks horrible, but at least it seems that the owner has upgraded brakes etc, not just the engine, and it certainly wouldn't be slow.Would I own it - nope, would rather have an XW Falcon GT clone (yes, it has a spoiler too), or an early Monaro, or XA Coupe, or. all sorts of other cars that wouldn't keep up with that nissan on the corners, or general handling at all.It's all down to preference, and I suspect age (those Nissans weren't around for me to drool over when I was younger like the Holdens/Falcons/Chyslers etc were).
In saying that, a tastefully modified / ugraded R32 GTR would be very nice to have.

gunhand, Sep 3, 8:12am
I find that last comment offensive quite frankly.Not family orientated are you! Or just not found anyone who wants to breed with you!Or are you 12!
Just becuse a vehicle has 7 seats dosn't mean theres 7 in the family and so freakin what if they do have 7 anyway.

nzdoug, Sep 3, 8:25am
Should people who pay less than $1000.00 per tire be considered!
Wolfsburg metal

extrayda, Sep 3, 8:34am
Yay - thanks gunhand.Maybe if you own a 'loser cruiser' it just shows that all of your 'gear' is working well enough to produce lots of kids ;-)
Mine has 8 seats, family of six.
Lots of people refer to them as loser cruisers, I've been told that several times.I just laugh.
I suspect that they are either jealous of my manhood (sadly unlikely), or jealous of the immense power that a 2.4 powered brick produces.
If I can't own what I would really like, then it doesn't matter too much to me what it is (although I would draw the line at something pink or yellow).

kazbanz, Sep 3, 8:36am
Nahh Billionairs club-but shhhhh

kazbanz, Sep 3, 8:39am
CHILL BRO :-)-Keepin in mindIm dad to 6 kidswhenever they say to me loser wagon I tell em Yep--theres the proof I lost my cherry.

gunhand, Sep 3, 8:39am
Theres only 5 in our family but anyone who knows what its like to have 3 kids across the back of, say a suzuki swift, will know how great more seats are. And kids have friends who like to go places with us as well. Plus all the rear seats fold down and you have a van as well. there not pretty but practable. When some people grow up they realise this.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 3, 8:40am
Oh, so it does better than the 3.7l/100km on the open road we get with our Punto!
Wow, that must be great!

extrayda, Sep 3, 8:43am
Yep, space for kids a friends / grandparents.The convenience outweighs the slight lack of sportyness :-)
Even 3 across the back of my Cefiro is to be avoided (especially with a car seat and booster seat).

gunhand, Sep 3, 8:43am
Just never heard themcalled that down this way. And still find it offensive as I know why some would say that I guess.

_peas, Sep 3, 8:43am
Bout time people started to notice that!I have always been a bit of a Ford guy conceding that the General has had the nicer looking wagons.But in all honesty the top end models of the Commonwhore look like just that. tarted up whores with LED's, dress up bits that do nothing and on the whole quite tacky.I also believe that Honda Odyssey's are at the front of every queue of traffic and the cause of most motorway hold ups.Can't stand them.

extrayda, Sep 3, 8:46am
_peas - we are half in agreement !
Not a fan of the late model commodores, previous ones were ok.
Ford lost the way for a while, until the BA XR8 shape which I like (last model I liked before that was the XE - I'm getting old obviously).
I like the newer model Odyssey's though (except I'm not a Honda fan in general, their auto gearboxes in particular make me nervous.).

taipan4, Sep 3, 8:47am
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yawn,.

mugenb20b, Sep 3, 8:54am
I can't see how. Even the most basic model, like the one I've got, has plenty of poke. Maybe Odyssies outnumber every other car on the road.

kazbanz, Sep 3, 8:56am
Blame that twit Clarkson--he started it