Car Snobs

Page 2 / 2
extrayda, Sep 3, 8:56am
hhhmmm the car snob thread seems to have turned into a people mover 'discussion'.What does that tell us ;-)

tgray, Sep 3, 8:57am
I drive a 6200cc V8 Camaro as a daily driver, whether it's to get milk from the supermarket or to pick up the kid from school.
Get some strange looks sometimes.

huggy5, Sep 3, 8:57am
Wow, it wasn't meant to be actually taken seriously.
I didn't think anyone would feel the need to defend themselves against owning one, the thread title was 'Car Snobs' so I thought it was more of a light hearted thing.

mugenb20b, Sep 3, 8:59am
The ones that have a V6 strapped to them are the ones to be nervous of, otherwise, I have no problems with Honda A/Ts, as long as they are serviced, they should last. French cars, early Mitsi and Mazda are the ones that worry me more.

tgray, Sep 3, 9:03am
Honda Logos are all CVT's which I don't trust and as for the Civic 'Honda-matics', I have never found one that works properly. The hiss in reverse is particularly unnerving.

extrayda, Sep 3, 9:03am
Early mitsi were crap (at least in the 86 Sigma I owned).
The Mrs had an SIR 98 Accord (two litre bluetop, went ok), and the auto never behaved in the same way as other manufacturers do.Same with a mates Accord wagon, and other Hondas I have driven.They never seemed very smooth / refined.

extrayda, Sep 3, 9:04am
tgray - I assumed that you meant a 68 - late 70's Camaro, but looking at your listing it is probably one of the new ones! That black/grey convertible is nice - do you think I could get a tralier for the kids and maybe tow them behind!

gunhand, Sep 3, 9:04am
There are ways of indicating humour, I don't offend easily but I really didnt find it funny. But it seems it may be some term that is used for them these days so will let it slide I guess.
As long as you don't get upset that I drive an AU XR6 as well, and ride a mororcycle.

mugenb20b, Sep 3, 9:05am
The hiss! It's usually a loud *clunk*.

But, yes, the Logo CVTs are absolute garbage.

tgray, Sep 3, 9:06am
Ha, yes it's the 2010 one I drive daily.
For asking price, I will throw in the tow bar AND the trailer!

gunhand, Sep 3, 9:09am
I went into a dealer couple weeks back to look at the Transformer (Bumble bee) camaro, the dealer didnt even look up from is computer. I left after 5 minutes.

pebbles61, Sep 3, 9:13am
Doubt I'd own a Jappa lol

tgray, Sep 3, 9:16am
That car isn't a bumble bee, but a factory yellow camaro.
The real bumble bee edition has the IBOT logos on the bonnet and centre console and other differences. Point taken though.

gunhand, Sep 3, 9:18am
It had all the transfomer logos on car and inside as well.

_peas, Sep 3, 7:24pm
Not saying that they don't have the jandal to get up and go, or that they break down a lot.On the whole the drivers tend to be dawdling, indecisive idiots. speaking generally of course.

sifty, Sep 3, 8:21pm
I pulled into a park yesterday, then reversed out and moved several parks away, as I noticed I had pulled in next to a people mover with nearly every panel dented, with a fat woman behind the wheel.

I'm not a snob, I just moved out of self preservation.

towelynz, Sep 3, 9:21pm
So buying an Audi 7 seater, say a 2001 Allroad, then splashing out for some nice wheels and tyres, and getting some tints put on, isn't the go!

I'd hate for some dick in the car behind me to call me a loser!

7 seater.check
Window tints.check
Mags.check
My Family stickers on the back window.check

phalanax, Sep 3, 9:36pm
Ever noticed some days folk drive like lunatics en masse and other days folk just cruise along .ie. payday traffic runs sweeter than other days.

trogedon, Sep 3, 9:39pm
Who's payday!

trogedon, Sep 3, 9:41pm
That might've been my sister n law (sans the dents).

towelynz, Sep 3, 9:42pm
I have noticed that traffic is most defiantly worst on pension day!

sifty, Sep 3, 9:45pm
hahaha hope she doesn't read this.

kwkbrk, Sep 3, 9:51pm
Try hards with Chev badges on their Holdens just give me the absolute sh*ts . as do fake M badged BMW`s .

towelynz, Sep 3, 10:40pm
Yeah, I know what you mean.Fart cannons are not my deal.If you don't need the 4 inch tip to flow 1000hp, what's the point!

Also unless a car is from the 60/70's or is owned Christchurch boy racer, there is no place for chrome ANYWHERE!Mates don't let mates roll on chrome.