Help in Christchurch with trailer wiring

Page 5 / 6
trader_84, Sep 8, 9:25pm
Lol, you've written more on what you have than the bunfight topic. That's quite telling. Don't tell me . as well as being a parts fitter . you're an AVI too!

mrfxit, Sep 8, 9:38pm
Oddly enough THIS ^ ^ ^is all too true with a lot of the younger generation & by younger, I mean certified mechanics progressively getting worse in about the last 20 years.
"Book mechanics" is what we call them.
There are exceptions to every result & I had better mention that 1 of the few younger lads here that IS good, would be Phillip-Western.

it's effected pretty much all the trades with book work & qualifications being considered more important then life time experience & natural abilities.

Yep the younger book boys are smarter then me when it comes to new models, (no probs there) but then again, so they blimin well should be, it's THEIR generation, but when dealing with the previous generations of vehicles, they need to MOVE OVER & let us do our jobs instead of simply rubbishing the older gear & intuitive + older mechanics

mrfxit, Sep 8, 9:44pm
ME. simply happy enough at the moment with the 88 Surf, it does what I need it to & thats fine for now.

"Hand bags at 30 paces" . MEH . leave that crud for the wives.
Top shelf for me & in moderation, (not fond of any beer) that way I get to laugh at the guzzlers as they screw things up & to rescue them later (owing me some pretty big favors).

mrfxit, Sep 8, 9:51pm
LOL yea got that recently but I didn't get my chance apart from advice.
Late model hatch was missing/ farting & generally TRYING to run but couldn't catch the right moment. (happened suddenly), told her it was coil packs / coil lead or fuel blockage, garage told her it was plugs only.
They replaced the plugs only & it come home ok for 2 days &then died again with the same problem.
They got the coil packs sorted yesterday . ;-)

ema1, Sep 8, 11:21pm
Same as you + diesel & full sparky done about 17-18 years service, only I've been away from it now for 24 years, had to due to health reasons, close to retirement now .not as able nowadays.
I drive em now and let the young guys fix em.
Back then we were not just purely part fitterslike a lot are now, we actually got right down to the nitty gritty when it was cost effective to do so.

ema1, Sep 8, 11:42pm
Bully for you splinter67 for having a "big block" Chev!
Does that make you a "God" or some such in the motor trade, probably just makes your mid level organs swell up just to lower you centre of gravity a bit !

trader_84, Sep 9, 12:13am
Nuh it dosen't . but you and yur woman are the first ones to be over at his car when it fires up through open headers. And through the thunder that is assualting your senses . you're screaming like a little biarch into the ears of your missus telling her that when you were a cowboy . your car sounded the same which we all know now . is untrue. And we know it didn't sound like a horse either . cause you and your cobbers don't got none. Giddyup trigger.

mrfxit, Sep 9, 12:51am
LMAO .
Almost like watching an old Western movie . you know . Like. 2 OLD cowboys having ONE LAST STAND.
Face to face, here we go again, better call the undertaker he's gunna have another customer soon

LOL Ema1, better watch out for that hired gunslinger hiding on the balcony behind the call girls skirts

trader_84, Sep 9, 1:00am
Lol! Mr Cooter . :)) Taking my lux-pig up the line tomorrow for a road trip. Giving him a check over this arvo. Going to look at a bit of shed machinery to see if its worth making a comittment to buy.

splinter67, Sep 9, 1:15am
Good on ya trader your right every time we fire it up I get all sorts of tyre kickers telling me all about it even had one guy tell me he had owned it strange that as I imported it from the states another one told me my 351 was not running right only one problem with that its a 454 chev lol

ema1, Sep 9, 3:59am
Good engines those 454's what have you got it in Splint's! I had a 500cid Cadillac once upon a time.
Worked on various Big Blocks in my time, 440Chryslers 383 Chryslers 455 Buicks and Oldsmobilescut my teeth on GM small blocks plus all other GM-H stuff as well
Biggest I have worked on.MAN and Sulzer Wartzilla Marine diesels only for a short time and did bugger all really.

ema1, Sep 9, 4:06am
Pea shooter me thinks he he.

snoopy221, Sep 9, 9:54am
Gor Blimey-
Mate it ain't hard to actualy WIRE something PROPERLY
Rather than thinking ya old rusty balls are gunna do it.
Methink akin to a horse you simply digest and excrete out the seeds.
Hence where ya been here tis like a horse paddock

**Giddy-Up DOCK**
and all the weeds.

snoopy221, Sep 9, 9:55am
Takes all types aye ema.LOL

johnf_456, Sep 9, 10:03am
my eyes, who can understand the above.

ema1, Sep 9, 10:05am
Broad spectrum of types snoops. referring to weeds .we got a fix for that.ROUNDUP.

mrfxit, Sep 9, 10:09am
LOL Geeez Snoops, thats down right plain readable tonight, wassup, did the doc change ya meds

therafter1, Sep 9, 10:18am
Which doesn't say much for the one whose idea of an edit is to change the post entirely from what it was originally ! . I wonder if he has worked out what the rusty balls are yet lol, or wants to ring in a swear word lol

therafter1, Sep 9, 10:21am
Yep, you really are confused !

johnf_456, Sep 9, 10:23am
How so, looks like someone else really is

trader_84, Sep 9, 5:10pm
You are full of dribble. This fact has not gone unoticed . you seem to have your own team of critics following you around. Gawd, you pompass twat . bring something to the topic. Do you at least speak dog!

splinter67, Sep 9, 8:29pm
Its in a 55 chev hope to hit the racetrack in the new year its getting painted at the mo been for a couple of drives in it with the injection system not quite right it scares the bejezus out of boy racers especially when the dump caps come off

johnf_456, Sep 9, 9:10pm
Yip post #123 :)

ema1, Sep 9, 10:50pm
Probably scares more than boy racers splints I'd say.
You'd need a fairly tough drive train to handle all the available power for sure. Have you dyno'd it yet !
What does to rest of the drive train consist of!

angelab, Sep 10, 7:06am
Red to brown,Brown to blue,Blue to bits.