Caravan towing mirrors.

shiyo, Sep 7, 7:46pm
any one have any experience with which type are the better. Are the ones that suck on to existing car mirror any good!And do the clip on ones stay put!About to buy some and not sure what!Cheers thanks for input.

monaro17, Sep 7, 8:09pm
The two types I have used are the clip around the mirror type, and the one that clips under the wheel arch and bonnet. I have found both to be very good but my preference is the wheel arch model as it gives the best vision and is the most solid. I would stick away from the suck on versions as I have heard of them breaking the electric mirror components as a result of being too heavy. Hope this is useful

lookoutas, Sep 7, 8:13pm
How about a camera!

franc123, Sep 7, 9:42pm
I've used both types and found them both to be a pain, gave up in the finish and simply fitted those wide angle 2" round self adhesive ones to the outer corners of the existing door mirrors. They're unobtrusive and are always there even when not towing. Readily available from SCA or Repco.

mrfxit, Sep 7, 9:51pm
No real point in that case.
The whole idea of caravan tow mirrors is because of a caravan being WIDER then the tow vehicle (which makes the factory vehicle mirrors useless)

shiyo, Sep 7, 10:42pm
Thanks for all the information, Was tempted with the suck on one, but guess I better think again.

lookoutas, Sep 7, 11:30pm
I just hate the idea of fitting ugly & scratchy things to my car & paintwork.

franc123, Sep 8, 1:09am
Yes there is, they work ok. You don't quite have the field of vision you get with a bonnet or guard mounted mirror but its good enough.

shiyo, Sep 8, 1:30am
poster 7.thats why I havent done it yet. But guess I better see whats behind me.dont want to upset the others on the road. First time owning a caravan.