Motorcycle as commute. Newbie

Page 2 / 2
raymond00001, Sep 11, 6:53am
Motorcycles are a way cool way to go places but I've come to the conclusion over the years that its not cheaper. Especially if you run insured as well. Proper protective gear costs money and it doesn't last forever and cheap gear lasts even less time.
And because you think its cheaper you use it more and make more trips and spend more money. But being a biker is a damn enjoyable lifestyle choice.
BTW I've driven trucks, cars and ridden pushbikes also. Kiwi drivers are bad alround no matter what your driving people just often don't look or pay attention. Get a bike, there's no looking back, good fun.

pebbles61, Sep 11, 7:02am
For myself it isn't so much the cost savings, but rather the time and not worrying about parking. What you save in gas gets eaten up in rego and tyres etc, but it's nice waking up in the morning and knowing no matter how bad the traffic is, i'll still get to work on time.

berg, Sep 11, 8:45am
That's exactly what Mrs Berg says. Parkings free as opposed to $80 per week and that adds up fast.

pebbles61, Sep 11, 9:08am
Scary thought really isn't it. Let's assume parking is only $10 a day and you work 5 days a week.

$10 x 5 days = $50 a week.

Then let's assume you work 46 weeks a year (4 weeks leave and 2 weeks for stats and sick days etc)

$50 x 46 weeks = $2300 pa

That's just for parking, that amount there could pay your bike rego, insurance and a set of tyres.yep I think I know which one I prefer lol

fryan1962, Sep 12, 1:49am
Glad to say I never got into Beige tight pants

fryan1962, Sep 12, 1:50am
I must say loved Melbourne where you can park on the foot paths