SUZUKI ESCUKO 1995

andy61, Mar 11, 12:05am
Found the problem-tired front struts,totally different car now with replacement struts.

beaver51, Sep 10, 12:24am
CAN ANYONE HELP US WITH A LOUD NOISE IN THE STEARING COLUMN REALLY BAD WHEN TURNING. SOUNDS LIKE A DRY JOINT BUT WHERE.! HAVE CHECKED AND REPLACED POWERSTEARING FLUID BUT NO CHANGE.

hopie, Sep 10, 12:25am

hopie, Sep 10, 12:25am

andy61, Sep 10, 12:40am
My Escudo does thistoo, I`m starting to think its the bushes at the top of the strut causing the noise, going to try spraying some silicone spray on the strut bushes to see if that helps. I have checked the bearing at the top of steering column, horn earthing button,steering universials ,no change yet.I dont think it is the steering rack or pump.

beaver51, Sep 10, 12:49am
Thanks Andy, Let us know if you progress and we will do the same.

ceebee2, Sep 10, 9:39pm
Jack the front up and turn lock to lock with someone listening underneath (Axle stands in place of course). .Let us know result.

andy61, Sep 11, 8:39am
Where should we be listening!Mine Escudo didnt really make any noise,just really stiff in the steering,but that would be the power steering,

ceebee2, Sep 12, 1:52am
Listening wherever the noise is!

If there is no noise then place a large bar under each wheel and lift quickly, repeat both sides. Most Auto Techs know where and how to check this. If not confident get an Auto Tech to check for you.