Trans cooler for AU11 falcon - what type is best?

intrade, Sep 10, 8:30pm
anything that fits i would say and is not part of the coolant radiator .

kingfisher21, Sep 10, 9:11pm
The first one, exactly what I had on my AU horse towing wagon. Get the trans serviced when fitting it as well.

tup, Sep 10, 9:17pm
awesome. thanks guys.will go for the first one and def get a trans service. will be pissed if it dies on me.:)

jason18, Sep 10, 10:42pm
Yeah I fitted a davies craig one from supercheap when they had a sale. I got one that said it suited a 6 cylinder falcon. Took about two hours to hook up and then got trans service straight after as I lost a bit of fluid. I tow 2 ton cherry picker and never had a problem

luke041, Sep 11, 12:17am
Ring ATP (auto trans parts). They do a kit just to fit the Au, great kit.

lookoutas, Sep 11, 5:51am
Every Falcon I've ever pulled apart - back to and around that vintage, already has one.

kingfisher21, Sep 11, 6:21am
AU's don't, not unless heavy duty tow pack fitted new.

lookoutas, Sep 11, 6:47am
Lucky I wasn't discussing this in a bar then - might have cost me a few shouts!

Now for conjecture - if you fit a cooler, do you still run it through the radiator, and if so, routed through which one first!

franc123, Sep 11, 6:51am
Goes through the radiator first, this is what the cooler manufacturer recommends. It can be used by itself but does not work quite as well.

jason18, Sep 11, 7:24am
I bypassed radiator completely as was told it can sometimes leak into the trans

tup, Sep 11, 8:31am
said like a true mitsi pajero lover. ;)i've had falcons for the past 15 years and they have been better towers than any of my 4x4's.:)rated the same as a toyota surf for towing and the option of a heavy duty towbar if needed. but I won't need that as only towing the one horse.Ended up buying the first one. thanks again for the advice guys. think it'd be safer to have it seperate from radiator. will just mount it as far forward as possible away from engine heat, exhaust etc.

kingfisher21, Sep 11, 9:06am
Don't love my Pajero that much :-))) My AU was probably the best tow wagon I've ever had, would still have it if I hadn't of needed a 4WD to launch my jetboat.