BA FALCON WAGON LSD

kenw1, Sep 11, 8:44am
Is it possible to put a LSD into a BA Falcon wagon as a straight swop for the existing diff!if it is where do I look for the LSD, and any idea of dollars! thanks

gofer0007, Sep 11, 10:19am
Yes, my buddy just did the research on doing it for his wagon to tow his off road truck n trailer on forest roads.Wreckers in Hamilton quoted $250 for the LSD and then it needs to be fitted which is easy.
Aussie spares in Hamilton I think it was.

unbeatabull, Sep 11, 8:36pm
Good chance the ratio could be different. Can get different speed sensors for the trans to suit the diff otherwise just keep in mind it will be out a bit.

Being a wagon, it is a pretty easy job as well. If it was a IRS rear end it'd be a bit more work.

fair_lane, Sep 12, 8:46am
Has anybody put one into an AU V8 wagon with traction control!

fair_lane, Sep 12, 8:55am
Hmm, did it work OK with the traction control!

tandj3, Sep 12, 8:58am
I just changed from a 3.45 ratio diff with LSD because the LSD in ford ba xr6 are crap ford have always had problems with them just google it they start to whineand the LSD craps out approx 2 to 3 thousand to fixI changed mine to a 3.23 ration from a standardba falconal up cost about 600.00 dollars I will be using ba diff LSD parts as fishing sinkers all they're are good for

timmo1, Sep 13, 1:34am
It's near the back

unbeatabull, Sep 13, 5:49am
The problem is people putting the wrong fluid in them, or not changing them at the right interval.

Traction assist worked fine, as it is not part of the diff itself. As long as all the rest of the parts, sensors etc are ready to bolt on there won't be a problem.

fair_lane, Sep 13, 6:56am
Agree, you do need to change that oil at regular intervals and use a decent quality synthetic of the right viscosity.

I was just curious as to whether the LSD would fool the traction control but I assume they use the ABS sensors to detect wheelspin. Does that sound right!

I've spoken to others with the V8 wagons and most would prefer an effective LSD over the traction control as they can leave you a bit stranded 1/2 way across an intersection if it clicks in at the wrong moment.

unbeatabull, Sep 13, 7:02am
Yup, the traction control is all done through the ABS System.

You can turn it off btw . Or at least ya can in BA onwards. Can't remember if AU have the button on the dash to turn it off or not.

kenw1, Sep 13, 7:05am
Thanks for all the replies, especially "It's near the back" that brought a smile to my day.

I am just getting fed up with getting one wheel on a bit of mud or slippy and that is it.

Does the LSD bit work when you are reversing! anyone know.

unbeatabull, Sep 13, 7:05am
Yes it does