Who can put in car stereos?

Page 2 / 2
vtecintegra, Sep 22, 9:54am
Oh yes I know all about that - I have one with a dead CD stacker.

Although there are ways of changing it out it starts getting expensive (and most of the aftermarket heater controls look bad too) so I've given up and bought a cassette adapter and an iPod

splinter67, Sep 23, 10:22pm
Not mejust when you put the speakers in that you have a complete wire all the way to the speakers no joins means better sound. If your putting the speakers on the parcel tray make sure that they are secure they will sound better

wizid, Sep 24, 1:33am
was there a stearo in there to start with . bring it here and i will look at it for you . to see if i can do it .

robbo36, Sep 24, 2:29am
It sounds like the earthing is insufficient and what you are hearing through the speakers is the alternator "noise". Does the high pitched sound from the speakers change in frequency as the engine is revved up, like a whirring sound! If so, increase the size of the earth cable from the battery to the body and engine. Make one up using welding cable with new heavy duty lugs and ensure all contact surfaces are clean and paint free.

jacqui248, Sep 24, 4:36am
where is here! yes there has been a stereo in it, all pulled out. i thought i might have a go at putting it in myself cos it looks easy enough haha famous last words!.

wizid, Sep 24, 7:33am
i am in whangarei .

jacqui248, Sep 24, 8:57am
lol , i worked that much out!

wizid, Sep 24, 8:41pm
how can i contact you

intrade, Sep 24, 8:46pm
not as easy as it looks i dont do it ane let me tell you what happened to the last radio that i told guy i wont do, He got some mate car alarm installer who done it stereo worked but the dashlight was gone lol. i said well its exactly why i dont want to do these jobs, Seems fixed now guy had to pull it all apart never asked how he fixed it .

intrade, Sep 24, 8:49pm
in the olden days you could blow a amp of the stereo when you connect the speakers up wrong so instead of 4 you only had 3 speaker out working on the new stereo. Seems they have built in protection on newer ones Even worse is when they install it and cant do it and then expect you to fix there mess now that is a real nightmare.

jacqui248, Sep 25, 4:11am
both my nos are on my current auction

jacqui248, Sep 27, 4:32am
really LOL

matthew111, Sep 27, 5:08am
a car stereo installer.