Large euro hatch suggestions please

kevlight, Sep 19, 6:46am
Brother is on his way over from Auzy, and wants an interesting Euro for a months tour of NZ ,he does this every four or five years,
In the past we have supplied a Triumph ,an Xantia and a BMW ,budget is $4000 ,one proviso is that after they go home, we get to use the vehicle until sold, so no V8 s or left hand drives, (Big hatch five door petrol) no tow bar any ideas!

r15, Sep 19, 6:47am
mondeo.
or did you want something interesting!

kevlight, Sep 19, 6:51am
Ahh yes interesting although I'm not familiar with the Mondeo ,would a car nut call it so ! I think he is looking for something different and exciting.

kevlight, Sep 19, 6:53am
Yeap , we had not considered a Renault,will have a look at some othersbut that one is way over budget thanks

asa50, Sep 19, 6:56am
Citroen CX,

vtecintegra, Sep 19, 6:56am
Yeah I kinda glossed over that, you'll probably need the previous shape.

Really though I don't think there is anything that meets all your criteria, mid sized hatches are all pretty dull

kevlight, Sep 19, 7:05am
I like a sense of humor ! we do want him to finish the trip with out to many late night calls from the side of the road !

,i did get a bit tired of his frog jokes with the Xantia ,thanks

unless you know of a mint low mileage one ,

serf407, Sep 19, 8:01am
There are laguna petrol aboutthat are closer to your budget.

The cuzzies did NZ with a cheap commodore with no call outs.

intrade, Sep 19, 8:05am
4G is not mutch you be more like looking at 8 grand upwards for something reliable.

asa50, Sep 19, 8:06am
There is a couple of XMs listed, big and very comfy

fordcrzy, Sep 19, 9:26am
alfa!

saxman99, Sep 19, 10:13am
Peugeot 307!Might be tough to find at 4k though. We bought ours for 5.

incar., Sep 19, 10:21am
Euro at 4k and under, cant be done as intrade said, your even pushing to find a decent reliable Jappa for 4k, prices have increased

inkapuka, Sep 19, 6:35pm

splinter67, Sep 19, 6:38pm
Hmmm large euro how about Kim dotcom

fiatracer, Sep 19, 8:04pm
Citroen C5, Fiat Bravo 5 cylinder, Saab 900 or 9-3, Golf VR6,

rovercitroen, Sep 19, 9:09pm
Not Euro but Rover SD1. Lovely touring cars.

fiatracer, Sep 19, 9:14pm
oh rovercitroen - since when is the UK not in Europe!

rovercitroen, Sep 19, 9:17pm
Wife is European, definitely not a Pom. LOL.

kevlight, Sep 19, 9:25pm
thanks guys that given usa wider field to have a look over ,Im tending to favor the Saab at the mo.
But a lady up the road has just pushed a VWJetta out on the road for sale, needs tyres , battery and a Wof,will go and have a look, when it stops raining, it may not be big enough but if its okay, it is handy

kevlight, Sep 19, 9:33pm
Yes ! we all had Roversmine was LD28in it86 SDI, was a mongrel 'in the put together by a wrecker out of three other cars' ,type of thing ,was a bastardto WOF , with deletions and over ridings and swearing from the tester,he always gave it a warrant ,i liked it but cost me a fortune in rust repairs,i do not think my Brother would be to pleased for his family if i produced one out of the hat.
Was a SDI VAn DA PlasV 8 ,on the side of the roadup by Centennial Park at the beginning of the year $ 950 !bugger

supernova2, Sep 21, 10:55am
For what its worth from a Renault nut don't buy a Renault.You can guarantee it WILL break down and it WILL be impossible to sell again.

kevlight, Sep 22, 4:53am
went and had a look at the VW Jetta up the road, bloody thing would not rev above 3000 rpm feels like the cat or exhaust is blocked ,she wanted diamonds for it so the search is still on , there is a possibility of a Peugeot 505 cheap but its not a hatch ,still looking ,have to the end of next month to get him something decent

00quattro00, Sep 22, 5:53am
What model jetta!