Buying a new car

Page 2 / 2
taipan4, Sep 27, 6:27am
"tow her horse around" poor old horse why don't you use a float

taipan4, Sep 27, 6:32am
my brother recently purchased a 2010 XR6 Falcon 5000km on the clock for$37000, new price is over$50000why on earth would you buy a new carwith those sort of savings the depreciation on brand new cars is horrificlike rolling up $100 notes & smokin em. And he still gets the warranty

m16d, Sep 27, 6:56am
Crikey. why a Cruze.!You should never buy a car because you like the look of it or its colour.go have a drive in one 1st.
You'd be better getting a Mitsa rather than a Korean piece of junk.

3tomany, Sep 27, 7:13am
40k for a mid size car is fine but i cant imagine a cruze ever being worth that much it is a budget car at best.

3tomany, Sep 27, 7:17am

3tomany, Sep 27, 7:21am

doctor_evil99, Sep 27, 12:32pm

a18a, Sep 27, 12:39pm
share your story with us

serf407, Sep 27, 9:51pm
Falcon is likely to go the same way as the dinosaur if the sales maintain their current pattern.
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/A8D87893A89F44E3CA257A4E00224D06

carstauranga001, Sep 27, 10:48pm
$22000 Aussie = $27500 NZ

Plus shipping=$31500 (although I think your 4K is high)

Plus 15% GST = $36225

Plus compliance and rego (min) = $37000

Not worth it is it!

thejazzpianoma, Sep 28, 9:41am
You are preaching to the converted. I order a phenomenal amount of parts from overseas.

However, that's not the point.

Why would you buy a new car that is not as good as some of the alternatives that have sensibly priced parts available from multiple importers here in New Zealand!

Its one thing to import your own parts if it means you can buy a significantly better car for a song (which is what I do sometimes) but quite another to be inconvenienced for no reason.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 28, 9:45am
You can buy a Golf for less than that, its a significantly better car and there are great deals on with the new model coming. Even better, if you can delay the purchase a few months you could have the fantastic new Golf.
There is no need to be buying some sub standard vehicle with a silly parts monopoly for that sort of money.

3tomany, Sep 28, 9:50am
+1 for that sort of money a good european or luxury car would be better buying

tuttyclan, Sep 28, 10:33am
This would have been at least 15 years ago, my wife and I test drove a newer ford laser and left our potential trade in, a 1984 ford telstar.When we got back to the dealership after the test drive with the salesman we said we were interested in the car but it would be subject to a inspection.Moyes Mt Wellington offered for us to take the car home overnight which we did (never again).We had the inspection done the following morning at our own cost and some issues were found on the car.We explained this to Moyes who we thought would fix the car,they said no and also refused to give us a reduction in price so we told them we were no longer interested in the car and would like our own car back.So off the salesman went to get the car only to come back after a long period of time with an old ford laser.We said that ours was a telstar not a laser.So he took the car away and was gone for ages,eventually hewalked back and asked us again what sort of car was it.We said to him if he could not find the car soon we would be calling the police,eventually he said that he had loaned the car out to a customer in Papakura.We said to him that we had not yet traded the car nor signed the car over so they should not have loaned the car out.The salesman then said he could have our car back at the dealership in two hours.We told him if its not delivered back to our home address within two hours we will be calling the police.Some friends picked us up from the dealership and took us home(as we did not want to wait the two hours), (already fustrated) .Two hours from when we left the dealership went by and the car had not arrived.We phoned them to see how far away the car was as we were about to call the police,they said the car was back at the dealership.We had had enough but glad the car was back so went back there to pick up the car.When we got our keys we got into the car to find that the fuel gauge was reading near empty just as it was when we first drove the car there.The funny part about it was we had only given them the key to the car and not the additional key to the fuel cap which makes it obvious that the car never left the dealership and there was no extra kilometes on the speedo. We think Moyes had the car hidden away whole time just to get a sale.It was only when we threatend to call the police that suddenly the car was able to be tracked down.

3tomany, Sep 28, 10:33am
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/ACFC56B340955A90CA257A87000BDC01 holden are strugling to convince anyone to buy so a good discount if you want a holden is assured

susannah3, Sep 30, 5:11am
Well we have chosen the car and got a fantastic deal through Holden in Te Awamutu, great salesman who is happy to hold the car till we get back from holiday in a month. Very happy with our choice, but would never recommend Hamilton Holden to anyone.