Finally found a car - any issues with Foresters?

Page 2 / 2
jane310567, Oct 5, 4:06am
doctor_evil99 - I'm a bit old for that - I really think the legacys and imprezas are more boys cars. Just imagining me and my gloriousness in multi coloured boxers is enough.

zirconium, Oct 5, 5:29am
Hi Jane, we've just recently got an outback, as we need the 4wd. The outback is fine, comfortable ride, manoeuvrable, tiptronic, 2.5L engine. In mainly (slow) motorway driving, we have been getting 8.9 - 9.2L/110km. Slightly better on 95 than 91. Mr Zr took it in for a service today, and moaned (and moaned) via text to me about the 2006 Forester they had given him as a loan car, lol.
just wondering if maybe comparing it to the Estima is the wrong yard-stick!

zirconium, Oct 5, 5:31am
And, you will ABSOLUTELY have to post a pic. :D

thejazzpianoma, Oct 5, 5:34am
Here is some real world fuel economy information for you.
http://www.fuelly.com/car/subaru/forester/gas%20h4

Just change it to l/100km on the left if it shows mpg.

_peas, Oct 5, 6:09am
Take a good look at that list.A Nissan Elgrand 2nd!. really, that's a van right!AA doesn't insure all cars so they are hardly in a position to provide accurate data on most stolen vehicles.This is assuming they are going off their own data.Subaru's can be fine.They generally use a little bit more petrol than other makes of similar size.Its really luck of the draw with them.

kazaral, Oct 5, 7:13am
I own an 04 turbo forester, I love it.
Keep it serviced and it will keep on going. i don't know about the legacy but i do know they share running gear with the impreza. and spare parts are easy to come across.
The only heads up you really need is the front of it (bonnet and guards) is aluminum, it WILL dent easily and there is no sound deadening in the rear of the car, it can be quite noisy on some road surfaces.

jane310567, Oct 5, 7:56am
ok, ta will look at that tmrw.

saki, Oct 5, 9:24pm
Jane I have an older 97 model turbo auto, bought it for 3g off TM being cheap I knew it wouldnt be perfect, problems it had were noisey front diff I am living with that, radiator inlet tank developed a leak, it split, this is quite normal for older high km models of any car with a plastic tank radiator, needs l/r hub bearings, a lot of foresters had self leveling rear shocks in the back if the car is not sitting dead level one could be kaput, even repairing your self is not the cheapest, I changed to KYB rear shocks and had to fit standard height King springs due to the standard rear springs being to soft and suffering from coil bind, if it is an auto fit a quality trans cooler, I used mine to tow a cortina from Hamilton to Masterton on a tandem, I was surprised how well it went. fuel consumption, drinks like a sailor at a shout, the main use is going fishing in the rivers and with all the cross blading going on and the rough river beds the forrester is perfect, im (far) to old to be a boy racer. and as per Dingo.

jane310567, Oct 7, 7:27am
Bought my sexy Forester yesterday and listed and sold my Estima today! Hows that for efficiency - sharp price, plenty of interest.
I appreciated everyones input - jane