Built Ford Tough!

neo_psy, Oct 16, 11:36pm
That'll buff out

franc123, Oct 16, 11:41pm
Its not often that you see a bootlid rust right off its hinges and collapse like that.Do you know how long its been sitting there for!I must be getting older as an XD/XE still seems like a relatively modern car but you forget they are 30yo now.

grangies, Oct 16, 11:47pm
It's been there for as long as I can remember. Along with many many other derelict old rubbish and boats. At a small settlement cal Kiangaroa which is between Doubtless Bay and Kaitaia.

My son had his camera with him this morning, so we decided to snap a pic for the Ford fans.

the-lada-dude, Oct 17, 7:26am
fish is no go bro,NO!NO!i said fish o leen

morrisman1, Oct 17, 9:12am
I must take a pic of the transit next door I think there is still something left of it.

fordcrzy, Oct 17, 10:00am
the roof usually rusts away at the gutters.pretty normal. the boot is a new one.is it by the coast!

johnf_456, Oct 17, 10:05am
I should take some pictures of the holdens I see rusted in paddocks, just for the holden fans to spice it up for the laughs.

thegravelracer, Oct 17, 10:06am
that aint the car thats the owner lol

serf407, Oct 17, 7:53pm
DId the tectyl or goldseal antirust applicator do the budget job !

cocabowla, Oct 17, 10:10pm
a car that rusts out in all sorts of weather & elements !

shocking stuff indeed !

someone alert the media !

vtecintegra, Oct 17, 10:19pm
Gotta wonder what a late 70s Corolla or Civic would look like given the same treatment - probably nothing left at all

elect70, Oct 17, 11:23pm
Xd s were rust buckets anyway , my xd van roof rotted outaroundgutterswithin 4 years of purchase new .Had to get panels formed to remakeit .

xc-coon, Oct 18, 7:15am
Ha ha I just took a photo of the same car today! I stopped on the way to Kaitaia and asked the guy in the shed next to it If Icould have quick look. Im goin back to grab the plastic moulding that run under the rear tail lights for mine. Almost the only parts on the old XE with no rust besides the glass.

aj254, Jan 4, 7:12pm
LOL drive past it every day on my way to work, watched it slowly sinking into the grass! Seen a mid 80's landcruiser with the drivers side fallen off.
Yes really.
It still ran sweet.