How much transmission fluid requires

smoothgroove, Sep 29, 8:48am
Where do I go to find out how much gearbox oil I need, when changing fluid in Subaru STi (V7)!

twink19, Sep 29, 7:50pm
ask mr google

intrade, Sep 29, 9:20pm
depends dont just changefluidsdrop the sump and do it propperly . automatic trans rebuild places sell sumpgaskets and filters cheap enough be like 10 bux gaskitand 25 to 45$ for the trans filter and then you want about 12 to 15 liter trans fluid . make sure to use correct fluid i would guess but not sure that it runs dextron3 on it.
You might have a fight with the original gasket they are factory glued shut with goop. takes a long time to clean the crap best done on a car hoist as you got to work absolut clean no crap inside trans after you finished.

intrade, Sep 29, 9:24pm
you flush it by disconnecting the return of the trans-cooler after you changed the filter and sump gaskit fill up 4 liter in trans and fire the car up till clean fluid comes out on return . easy as to flush most automatics but best done on hoist and its usually gona get messy with more fluids apearing when you remove a partial blocked filter all fluid comes down what was above the filter.
If you cant do this then get it done professionally. Some need adjusting on bands also some dont .

smoothgroove, Oct 4, 6:08am
It's an STi Subaru.
manual gear box.
can't find it on Mr google.

intrade, Oct 4, 7:34am
manual trans either got a dipstick or you fill it till oil pours out the filler hole half way up the gearbox , should be slight below filler half way but wont matter i always fill till it pours out and then shut the plug.

intrade, Oct 4, 7:37am

jinx317, Oct 4, 7:41am
5 or 6 speed!
5 speed is between 2.5 & 3.5 litres

smoothgroove, Oct 5, 10:41am
6 speed STi box