FORD BA Hubs. Unbeatabull?

jason18, Oct 19, 4:38am
Hey Guys, Front right starting to get a progressively louder whine. I have read reports that aftermarket hubs are no go as they tend to give out early compared to Ford Genuine hubs. Any advice on this or are they ok to use!

chook90, Oct 19, 4:47am
FWIW I have installed aftermarket front hubs and had no drama with them 65,000km later. At the time the genuine part was near on 3 times the price of aftermarket although I have no idea whether there is better pricing today.

jason18, Oct 19, 4:51am
Awesome cheers mate, Can get aftermarket hubs at a top price so will do both sides! Might pay to do rotors at same time. Cheers

unbeatabull, Oct 19, 6:26am
Yes, have had troubles with the aftermarket ones, forget brand but they are what BNT sells. They tend to not last too long in comparison and have had a couple collapse completely which has been quite scary to see how loose the wheel is on the car and the thought that all that is holding it on is the brake pads and caliper stopping it coming off.

Pricing is fairly similar now from what I remember.

jason18, Oct 19, 6:55am
Ok cool mate, Was going through Extreme Auto so will see what there brand is and will see what fords pricing is. Cheers

splinter67, Oct 19, 9:58am
Give up man sell it while you can buy a holden and you wont have any of these problemslol

unbeatabull, Oct 19, 9:15pm
Good one :P

We work practically next to Blackwells (Holden Dealer in CHCH) and its quite funny how both the vehicles have a lot of practically identical problems throughout the Commodore/Falcon range.

jason18, Oct 19, 9:33pm
Oh Shame !

franc123, Oct 20, 2:43am
Like making a dick of yourself don't you, maybe you should go and work in the service departments of both Ford and Holden dealerships like I have in the past and you discover quickly that they are as bad as each other with design, manufacture and assembly cockups, if anything Holden is worse. Some of the design features of the VE are plain daft. But hey continue to embarrass yourself with untruths just like you did with your mate chebry in the axing Commodores thread.

r15, Oct 20, 2:59am
Franc123 is in the know.

Anyone that tries to tell you commodores and falcons are 'good cars' as far as technology, build quailty or design go needs to check out some other makes

don_logan, Oct 21, 6:03am
I've got aftermarket hubs on mine. A set including freight from Aussy was cheaper than buying one here, Had them on for nearly 20,000km now and all good. You will need a grunty torque wrench to refit them though.

jason18, Oct 21, 6:13am
I fitted a set of aftermarket hubs on the weekend. All good. Got them for $104 for the pair. Will see how I go. And yeap the build quality on the BA is pretty poor. Especially the paint under the boot etc. Crappy interior.

splinter67, Oct 21, 6:15am
you are a clown dont you relise when people are ribbing each other go get a life

unbeatabull, Oct 21, 8:14am
As with any Ford, always get the last in the Series! EL/AU - minters - BFII - Everything Ironed out. FG II - So far so good.

jason18, Oct 21, 8:19am
Yeah My Au is also the 1st model its pretty shocking but I like em as they cheap and good towers.