Question for jazz

gspencer, Nov 1, 4:41am
im looking at a2.0 FSI passat wagon 2006, its still on the boat. the dealer said its a grade 4, wants 22k . what kind of questions should i be asking or looking for. it will be given a full service.

thanks for your time

trdbzr, Nov 1, 5:02am
Does it have a DSG gearbox! if it does then all you need to do is google 'dsg problem' and you will see hundreds of people having issues with those gearboxes. Jazz will come on here and say otherwise, because obviously he knows better than hundreds of other owners.

saxman99, Nov 1, 5:12am
I'd want to know the name of the boat.

morrisman1, Nov 1, 6:21am
hopefully its the Rena, we dont want too many faulty cars in the country

mugenb20b, Nov 1, 6:32am
"Why is the price so high!"

mugenb20b, Nov 1, 6:33am
Yeah right! Tui! It will be given a groom and oil and filter change.

rovercitroen, Nov 1, 6:47am
Agreed. A FULL service would be ALL fluids and filters changed at least, full transmission service and probably cambelt and tensioners replaced.

kazbanz, Jan 20, 10:52am
Gspencer -I know NOTHING about the specific vehicle you are looking at BUT I know a fair bit about cars ex Japan so I'd be asking some very pointed questions.
1)I would want to see the actual auction sheet. This will show the location of damage to the body work and the extent of it. It also usually shows any KNOWN mechanical issues.(thats usually written on the auction sheet)
2) I would want to know EXACTLY which auction the car came from.
This tells me what grade the car most likely REALLY is. Ie the Honda dealer auction is much tougher on their grading than the saturday Kobe general auction.
3) I also would need to know what boat the car is on.Its getting close to the time where room on boats will run out to get here on time to comply.