Question for Jazz = or any other Fiat lovers

supernova2, Jan 4, 7:40am
Listing 428117239
Is this a good buy do you think!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 4, 7:49am
Thats about the realistic going rate for those Km's but the year makes it perhaps better buying (nothing tangible, same car as a 2000 but people like newer).

What does it for me is the transmission service history. Thats GOLD. The engine is bulletproof and the body is Galvanised so those expensive bits pretty much look after themselves. The transmissions though need servicing every 40'000km to be reliable in the long term and far more neglect this than not.

The key thing is checking that the correct Fiat fluid and filter has been used every time. No point if they have been using the wrong fluid you may as well get one that has not been serviced at all.

So yeah, if its clean and tidy then thats good buying. Exceptional buying! Nah probably not.

jcwholesale, Jan 4, 8:01am
If you really like those horrible things it appears to be good buying

thejazzpianoma, Jan 4, 8:02am
Don't mind jcwholesale. I see more than just his neck is red today.

daryl14, Jan 4, 8:11am
There was a Stilo Abarth listed by a dealer in hamilton for 4K this week. It didn't sell so may be relisted. Could be something wrong with it for that price but ya never know.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 4, 8:32am
Entirely different kettle of fish all together!
If you are not in a hurry we have seen Punto Abarths go for just under 5K even (most sell around 6 though). Still plenty of car for the money at the price they are asking but why pay more than you need to!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 4, 8:36am
I think that one had an air bag light on from memory. With the Stilo Abarth it has a weight sensor to weigh the passenger and set off the dual stage airbag to suit.

If that gives trouble (and its fairly common) it can be annoying and a bit expensive. Assuming that was the problem then 4K was probably not that exceptional given you can get one all good to go for 6K.

The Stilo Abarth is a fabulous enthusiasts car offering massive bang for buck and a supurb driving experience. Butits not the cheap reliable runner that the little brother Punto is.

Punto Abarth should be fine though, its got good equipment without trying to rival Nasa and it has a regular manual transmission. These two factors make the world of difference.