What car do you wish you never sold and why

Page 2 / 3
pj1960, Oct 22, 6:18am
Had a very tidy ht monaro gts.Sold it in 79 for 4500.DAM .Now look at the price of them.

paulap, Oct 22, 6:47am
My 67 impala. I had to choose between kids and the car.kids won.bugger.

Am now saving for another one.

magicmat, Oct 22, 6:51am
Rx2 coupe. The engine seals were shagged but instead of sorting that I sold the whole car for $400 cash. Seeing what they go for now. damn.

chris.f, Oct 22, 6:54am
Sold my '59 Cadillac Sedan de Ville for $1800 back in 1980 - back then any '59 Caddy was a rare beast. Was about 17 when I bought that car.
Ended up paying $37K a few years back for a '59 Series 60 Fleetwood Special, just so I could relive my youth.

kaymay88, Oct 22, 7:18am
hmmm, not cars but cant hink of a few bikes I shouldnt have, not because of value, but because they were ideal for me.

The wife knows I wouldnt never get rid of my current favourite bike, and has said when the time comes its fine with her to keep it in the lounge between rides when we buy or build our own house

tgray, Oct 22, 7:22am
My 1968 GT MK2 Cortina for $1600.
That was 30 years ago.
Also my 1971 Mustang Fastback in cherry red for $10,500.
That was 20 years ago.

fryan1962, Oct 22, 7:25am
I miss my pinzgauer

rustihammer, Oct 22, 7:34am
I sold my Holden FB Special for $1000.I missed that for years. Until I bought my Valiant. That cured the problem.

attitudedesignz, Oct 22, 7:35am
Haha, funnily enough, old man Mudgeway used to come over the back fence to buy parts from us all the time.

Bugga, Bee Jays was always good for a rumage.

brokebloke1, Oct 22, 7:49am
I use to own a RX3 too but it was a piece of crap ended up cutting it up with a axe and dumping it at scrap metal yard ( still think all rotas are crap)

xpfairmont, Oct 22, 7:50am
XR Falcon wagon. Had no room, sold it for $500. bugger!

xpfairmont, Oct 22, 7:51am
.and also 1978 Toyota SR coup. same above. was mint

magicmat, Oct 22, 7:52am
Not a rotor fan, they are teenagers cars and not my thing now but man the ones that are still in existence tend to go for a fortune even if they are shabby.

lad2, Oct 22, 10:00am
Bought an FJ Holden panel van from a workmate in the seventies for $1. Would loved to have held on to that

wimwom, Oct 22, 10:01am
Had a mate in Dunedin did almost identicle, he sold his which i think was a futurawith same running gear but 6 cylinder diff to buy his (then) girlfriend a engagement ring.

solarboy, Oct 22, 12:09pm
She's a keeper !

solarboy, Oct 22, 12:19pm
My first car was a '57 Berkeley with a fibreglass body it looked like a mini AC Cobra but with a 328 cc Excelsior twin 2 stroke "engine" chain driving the front wheels was somewhat slower, topping out at 100 km/h solo or 80 with a passenger ! Sold it cheap when I lunched the motor as motorcycle engines suitable to replace it with with electric start weren't too available back in '67.So easy now to find a suitable grunty powerplant to slot in for some decent performance.

sifty, Oct 22, 7:39pm
^ had to google it, yeah that would be really interesting today.

splinter67, Oct 22, 8:19pm
yup spent many saturday morning pulling parts off cars down the back yard

chook90, Oct 22, 8:27pm
LC Torana GTR XU1. So simple to work on, insanely quick in its day and such a rewarding beasty to drive on a nice winding road.

In a moment of stupidity I decided to sell it in 1985 and buy a GTi Barina DOH!

whqqsh, Oct 23, 2:52am
My T-bucket, sold to get deposit for house, was stripped & everything done for cert just needed reassembly. Sold insanely cheap to a 'mate' who said he & his missus always wanted it, wouldnt change a thing & Id get first option if ever they decided to sell it which they didnt think they ever would. A few weeks later it was slapped together rough as guts (to the dangerous stage & couldnt get a WOF eventhough they lied as to why to the new owner), repainted & for sale on here because they 'needed the money'. yet swapped for an SS dunnydoor.
The wife agrees that if it comes up again I'll do everything I can to get it back

clampits, Oct 23, 4:23am
My hr holden x2 prem. Ithat i sold four $1500. silly silly boy

trogedon, Oct 23, 4:34am
I didn't know the story but I knew your T bucket was joining the list.

whqqsh, Oct 23, 4:40am
cheers, wife has mentioned buying (or building) another one but I want THAT one back

next-to-normal, Oct 23, 4:56am
my mate brought one of these in ak in the late 70s from howick it was green and had a 550cc suzuki motor in it, we had fun in it, it came up to the door handles of a mini, a traffic cop came up to us one day when leaving the easter show and said if you dont move it ,i will step on you, also my cars i miss would be my old mk7m jag, and im going to keep my 1992 merc 190d as its going to be a keeper