What car do you wish you never sold and why

Page 1 / 3
brokebloke1, Oct 22, 1:56am
did you have to sell it!
To start things off il go first
Back in the late 90,s had a very nice 1965 XP Falcon Coupe with 289 V8
had to sell it to pay for a marriage that lasted shorter than what I owned my coupe for :(

trade4us2, Oct 22, 2:03am
I had a 1975 Jag with a 350 Chev engine. The Jag body went really rusty. I should have swapped the perfect engine and gearbox and stainless mufflers and wheels to a non-rusty Jag.

trogedon, Oct 22, 2:05am
That is sad.

trogedon, Oct 22, 2:08am
I had a '92 Mazda 1.5 Interplay hatch. It was a great little car. After I got married and my wife was pregnant I sold it as I thought we needed 2 four door cars. We didn't and I could've still had it.

brokebloke1, Oct 22, 2:14am
guts ya doesnt it!
ive tried to buy back my coupe but new owner not interested.

kyussr32, Oct 22, 2:15am
1990 Skyline GTSt coupe I bought in 2001. Rare in dark blue, had genuine 37000 on the clock and was completly standard. Had service history from Japan and even original purchase forms and manuals. To this day the mintest I have seen.
Owned for 2 years and left it standard, was a great drive.

a.woodrow, Oct 22, 2:27am
69 toyota sprinter, wish I'd never sold

mantagsi, Oct 22, 2:56am
one of the prototype Heron MJ1s. Sure it was rough and in need of a resto, but it was one hell of a car and cooler than the Fonz ever was. Sold it for similar reason as OP. d'oh! crazy idea, what was I thinking

socram, Oct 22, 2:58am
Full Rally spec highly modified 1320cc Mini Cooper S.Hadn't managed to sell my 998cc Cooper after a week or two and was 50 quid short of the 300 quid ($600)required. So I had to sell it back to the original owner who had a queue of keen buyers.November 1973.

pebbles61, Oct 22, 3:02am
That's sad bro.

My mrs knows I'd take the car(s)/bike(s) over her lol. But she'd never make me do that!

As for the kids, that's why I have a decent 4 door classic family car, that way I wouldn't need to sell!

regy_2005, Oct 22, 3:16am
1973 I owned a 1958 FodGoldflash , 272 v8. Love to have it today awesome looking beast

newtec1, Oct 22, 3:21am
Yep .A 1966 Mk 1 genuine lotus Cortina. When i advertised it i couldn't sell it for $2700 which i guess was expensive in 1975.Now they are collectors Items andsell for $70000. I also had aMk3Austin Healy 3000in mint cond,now worth mega bucks,$60000 plus. I also had an british Army 4x4 called Austin champ with a Rolls Royce engine which was totally submersible for river crossings.Many more along the way with plenty of history,but those are the 3 I should have kept.

newtec1, Oct 22, 3:25am
I remember very clearly looking in my rear view mirror in 1971 in the middle of the night out the back of Tokoroa to see two headlights in the distance approaching at high speed.Of course i let him pass, it was Andrew Cowan in his Mini Cooper during the Heatway Rally.

skiff1, Oct 22, 3:38am
Two door HB Viva SL90. Mint loved it, gave it away as I hd no where to keep it.

edangus, Oct 22, 4:24am
My 73 HQ Kingswood, My 73 XA Falcon, My 73 LJ Torana and My 73 KE20 Corolla.
73 was a good year.
All sold due to someone offering money that was too good (cept the Torana, that was a life lesson).
Also my 96 Mitsi Lancer GSR. Man I loved that car. Sold as wife wanted wagon for the dogs.

gunhand, Oct 22, 4:24am
Geez where does one begin.
67 Mustang, not that there great cars, just there suposed value now.
70 Firebird, now that was a good car.
Bog stock XD Fairmont Giha V8.
65ish Mini, they seem to worth something now to.
65 XP wagon, stock as rock and very tidy, sold for $750.
XB Falcon, done alot of work to that one. Again only that they want good money for them now.
75 Capri, Not a good car but going up in value.
88 Toyota Celica, odd yes but man that thing was just so reliable.
And a few bikes as well.

maclad, Oct 22, 4:29am
My little Fiat Bambina. It was such a cute car. Ran on the smell of an oily rag, no parking problems, was zippy and fun and I loved it. Stripped a timing gog in the end so that sealed it's fate.
Even tho I had to get in the boot to start it manually and it kept breaking fan belt pulleys it was lots of fun.
Mind you my 3 kids would not fit in it anyway.

bent_ate, Oct 22, 4:31am
71 ZD Fairlane 302W, was Loud, Lumpy, big and tough, spent uncountable hours on it

attitudedesignz, Oct 22, 4:39am
1966 Mini Copper S. Bought it when i was working at Ian Hay wreckers in Hastings when i was 17. It came in with stripped splines on gear change uni's (can't explain what they are properly but i'm betting smac will know what i'm talking 'bout lol) Ian said i could buy it for $500 but pay it off at $30 a week. Sold it back to Ian when i left the job 6 months later for what i paid. He put it stock and it slowly dissapeared bit by bit.

jmma, Oct 22, 4:46am
Used to call them knuckle joints, have seen a few welded. Most times you could just tighten them (o:

attitudedesignz, Oct 22, 4:56am

jmma, Oct 22, 5:14am
Yes, thats the buggars, way down the back (o:

chebry, Oct 22, 5:32am
Wish Id kepr my EH special and shipped it from tassie with us along with the 74 MK2 Corona we had but the Holden went for $1750 to a young guy who wanted to do it up it was stock but with a trimatic trans and The Toyota went to a guy I worked with @$550, Kinda miss the 245Hemi 4 speed Centura I owned very fast car it could blow the doors off Falconand Holden V8s but got roadsided with 9 defects and needed a pits inspection to be driven again so sold for $120

cuda.340, Oct 22, 5:39am
in 1979 i left my broken futura XP coupe at a flat we had to leave due to the hooker leasee not paying the rent. couldn't take it with me as there was no room where i went to. miss that car. after Christine the movie came out i sold my 58 Savoy Hardtop as people were offering silly money for it & i already owned 2 other cars so i said goodbye. saw the car years later with a distasteful retrimed interior & crap paint job. when i sold it the interior was mint. i have my dream car now & will NEVER sell that baby.

splinter67, Oct 22, 5:59am
them where the days only one wrecker in Hastings now and only 2 in Napier and a van wrecker