97-98 FALCON PANELVAN

william12, Nov 3, 5:24am
A mate is after one but nothing around!

william12, Nov 3, 7:13am
dont see many on the road

fordcrzy, Nov 3, 7:14am
when i lived in aus there was one down the road that had a full GT kit on it and 18" GT wheels etc.man he had spent some coin on it.painted that funny metallic green from the 70s it looked bloody awesome.

franc123, Nov 3, 7:28am
probably because they weren't that common to start with, well at least not in NZ.The cops had a few for dog wagons and the odd tradesman bought them new but that was about it.They are around but you just have to be patient, and because they were not replaced with an AU model and there wasn't an equivalent Holden model either a good one holds its value pretty well.

fordcrzy, Nov 3, 7:37am
theres a couple fo guys on the aussie ford forums that have done V8 conversions on XH's and they are a marathon wiring effort as the looms are a bit of panel van/sedan/v8/and 6.you just have to work out what bit of loom goes where.etc.

franc123, Nov 3, 7:40am
If any vans do come on the market they are mostly XF's, if you are motivated enough you can do a later model engine and trans conversion (EF for example) with a bit of work if you find one with tired mechanicals, its involved but not impossible.Or of course fit a V8.Sadly you can't just graft an EF front on if you like the XH look, the doors and firewall etc are all a different shape.

franc123, Nov 3, 7:44am
Yep I've heard that too, they were effectively a mix of an XF body, with an ED/EL engine and drivetrain/front suspension etc. and the electrics were a mix of all three, the dash was a mixture as were the aforementioned front panels.I think Ford were trying to use as many parts of the E series cars as possible and make them look like the EF/EL models they were sold alongside.

franc123, Nov 3, 7:49am
The headlights and cornerlights would be too wouldn't they!Or did they fiddle with the mounts for those too!

fordcrzy, Jan 26, 7:07am
just turbo the 6 and use a stand alone ECU like a megasquirt.those OHC 6's put out some serious power when given a blow