Bit Quick on motorbike 138klms

fryan1962, Nov 3, 8:41am
It was in Melbourne divided motorway two or three lanes each way,
not good with child pillion

Biker clocked at 138 km/h with child
November 1, 2011
A motorcyclist has been caught doing almost 60km/h over the speed limit while carrying a seven-year-old girl on the back of his bike in Melbourne's west.

The 36-year-old man was clocked, with the child on the back of the bike, doing 138km/h in an 80km/h zone on the Western Highway, Deer Park this morning.

He was arrested and could face charges, including conduct endangering life.

Advertisement: Story continues below
The man's motorcycle has been impounded for 30 days.

nick91111, Nov 3, 9:47am
Yeah at least do that shit buy your self, the 7 year old would have no idea what was happening

danchop, Nov 3, 3:54pm
get over yourselves 138kmh on a main highway is nothing on a bike

m16d, Nov 3, 5:17pm
And 7 year olds just love that sort of thing. he'd be the envy of his classmates when he stands up in front of them and the teacher next morning to tell all.

ceebee2, Nov 3, 6:42pm
I can tell you from my personal experience that it is the pillion passenger that generally dies in a fatality M/C crash! (Ambo 30 years)

fryan1962, Nov 3, 8:57pm
I have ridden at over 200 klm often but not with a child on board, my current bike has a gear sack but I still would not risk it

that road is safe great viability, it can get cross winds as it is flat and open

therafter1, Nov 3, 9:17pm
Why single out a motorcyclist . cars are probably being pulled over daily with the wife and 3 kids on board at similar or greater speeds, but it isn??

fryan1962, Nov 3, 9:44pm
Because cars have a lot more tin around them to protect occupants

One of my previous posts was talking about irresponsible parents with children with no seat belts

kazbanz, Nov 3, 11:14pm
I'm of two minds on this one.
First 140km/h on a 3 lane each direction highway with little or no traffic
on a motorcycle desighned to travel at such speeds is actually pretty safe (Im talking relative to other situations)
However a 7 year old rarely has the neck strenth to support the weight of a decent helmet in that wind -ie they will get a pounding. from the wind.

therafter1, Nov 3, 11:19pm
Oh, O/K . so that tin prevents deaths then does it !

I apologise for not having the foresight to research your previous posts to check whether or not you had already covered the topic of irresponsible driving by irresponsible drivers !

fryan1962, Nov 4, 1:09am
Why single out a motorcyclist,.it was you that suggested that it was I singling out motorcyclists, I was pointing out I don't

No tin wont save you but it is better than nothing

fryan1962, Nov 4, 1:13am
I was on a naked bike once and doing 140klm with pillion and I leaned forward the force gave the pillion a hell of a shock

now with gearsack I am happy they are not going off the back

therafter1, Nov 4, 2:12am
Aren??

fryan1962, Nov 4, 4:33am
Sorry mate apologies

blackdotlova, Nov 4, 9:58pm
Its about the child don't matter if you are on a bike in a car or on a lawn mower lol at that speed with a child is just dumb

ceebee2, Nov 5, 2:09am
"generally dies in a fatality M/C crash"

Reread Blackdotlova

kazbanz, Jan 31, 12:56am
WHY!---Just for a moment how about we relocate this huge sin to a 3 lane each way stretch of the Autobahn in germany. Ie no speed limit.
Now that its legal is the child in any more or any less danger!
What I'm getting at is please don't confuse the LAW with safety.