Daihatsu Terios or Suzuki SX4?

doodle50, Oct 27, 7:15pm
Looking at both these vehicles. Manual 2wd. Do 300kms per week with about 25 of this on gravel road. Mostly all open road. Thoughts anyone! Consumer has Suzuki and Daihatsu ranked in the above average for reliability.

mugenb20b, Oct 27, 7:41pm
Daihatsu has a better ground clearance and awful handling.

Suzuki is better overall.

supertech1, Oct 27, 8:02pm
Suzi all the way

countrypete, Oct 27, 8:29pm
The Daihatsu is a much lighter car, and you will find the SX4 is far more sturdily built.The Terios is very narrow, so that may be an advantage or disadvantage.SX4 will have more passenger room but the Terios will have better space when you fold down the seats.The clincher though is on-road performance.The Terios is a very light, underpowered car and is noisy, revving its tits off at 100kmh.It's awful in windy conditions.The SX4 is way quieter, smoother and more comfortable at open road speeds.In 2wd form the fuel consumption of the SX4 would be close to the Terios.In my opinion the SX4 is way ahead of the Terios.

ceebee2, Oct 28, 4:08am
Terios are quite fuel hungry although the SX4 is getting "up there" I almost bought an SX4 but it was only the shape I couldn't quite accept. Excellent mechanically and really peppy. I worked for an auto breakdown company that covered all new Suzukis and the SX4 is a great little wagon. If it has the keyless entry always leave a set at home, or as has happened to many elderly owners when you walk away from the car.i.e wifey dropped at the gate to check the mail and hubby drives off only to stall 50 metres away! Coded key shuts engine down and locks the car, cause they forgot that wifey has keyless remote in handbag.LOL

doodle50, Oct 28, 7:10am
Thanks for the info