Simple touch up of metallic paint on bumper?

aboylikedave, Oct 29, 9:15pm
Hi there I am trying to touch up scuffed paint on bumper of 2000 Honda Accord. It is metallic silver.

It doesn't need a highly professional job but I want to tidy it up. What is the best way to do a basic decent job! I've no experience.

Sand, spray, wet sand and clear coat! Do I use cutting compound at any point!

Cheers

kazbanz, Oct 30, 5:01am
To be honest dave. By the time you buy a can of primer,a can of the roight color,a can of clear and then the sandpaper,tape etc needed you are better off to give the "touch up guys" a holla and get them to do the job at your place for you

trade4us2, Oct 30, 5:12am
Automotive paint suppliers can supply a small pot of paint with a brush inside, to match your car, for under $20. Under the bonnet there should be a paint code.
e.g. Automotive Paint Supplies Ltd Penrose.

marcos1, Oct 30, 5:31am
Seconded.

gammelvind, Oct 30, 6:28am
You can do it with aerosols, but you would be looking at $50 - $70 in materials. Colourworks in Penrose can mix a matching paint in a rattle can.

angelamaree1, Oct 30, 7:03am
+1 on the aerosol can idea, have done this before and it works very well, you can't even notice the difference from the non damaged paint unless you really study it up close.

aboylikedave, Nov 2, 7:56am
Thanks all. Especially as it is to sell the car, I am better just knocking 100 bucks off the price I guess.

gammelvind, Nov 2, 8:09am
Quite probably especially if the job you do shows as a quick touch/cover up.