Aa fuel points system

urbanrefugee54, Nov 8, 2:51am
seems that they have closed it down BEFORE a large % of the members have received new cards [or information] that work on the new system, which I think is fuel discount rather than the previous point rewards when you purchase items at the BP .only know cause I got fuel today & local BP garage was in a tiz muttering about it.

tmenz, Nov 8, 4:07am
New system, fuel discounts, hasn't started yet - new cards collect rewards points that will count towards annual subscription just the same as old cards, until changeover occurs.

urbanrefugee54, Nov 8, 4:25am
but, if they were going to close down the existing system they have with BP [collecting points on most purchases], why end it without either letting the AA members know, or the fuel outlets. I'm a aa member [was the first I heard of anything when was told they had no idea if the points would work or not - they didn't have a clue as to what was going on & had been told most peoples cards had been cancelled due to them getting new ones. well my new one won't be arriving for 2 weeks . stupid aa or stupid bp!

ako2, Nov 8, 8:10am
AA SmartFuel started today (Mon7th) and will still work with old/original AA membership cards (New card automatically links to old card). Membership cards no longer collect rewards points (don't exist now) but now earn cents per litre (cpl) which are cumulative

urbanrefugee54, Nov 8, 8:20am
maybe the new system hasn't started yet - but the old system was closed down this morning.

jkm, Nov 8, 8:22am
When you swipe the card at BP can you opt to accumulate more points or is it just to redeem your points on fuel!

jono2912, Nov 8, 9:42am
This is correct.

jono2912, Nov 8, 9:45am
If you have points stored on your SmartFuel card, and buy fuel they will be automatically redeemed.

If you do not want to redeem your points, but still want to add more to your SmartFuel cards balance, simply ask the cashier to do two transactions, one for the fuel (don't swipe your SmartFuel card) and one for the goodies earning you points (where you do swipe the card).

jono2912, Nov 8, 9:46am
Today was the launch of the Smartfuel card, which has replaced the old AA rewards system.

phalanx2, Nov 9, 3:45am
Looked into this and it seems to be of no advantage to me.
Disappointed AA have not informed us better, will be unplugging from this scheme.

jono2912, Nov 9, 3:57am
Did you not get the letter in the mail with your new card!

kecal, Nov 9, 4:03am
and your points only last a month!

jono2912, Nov 9, 4:09am
Point expiry at the end of the following month that they were earned in.

kecal, Nov 9, 4:13am
okay still not much point in using it for me .cheers

phalanx2, Nov 9, 6:03am
My new card has not arrived yet, got an email about this and checked out the web site.

1cocochanel, Feb 12, 5:10pm
They email you when your fuel points are about to expire, so thats good. Also Caltex are offering 6 cents per litre off any petrol or diesel purchases $40 and over during the period 7 Nov 2011 to 7 May 2012 for AA Members. (its advertised on the back of the latest AA Magazine) .