Car speaker help

Page 1 / 2
inkapuka, Oct 31, 5:05am
hi there ive wired up some jvc 310 watt 6x9s andwired it to the four channel amp.was wondwering why its just bass and no voice

bitchwitattitud, Oct 31, 5:34am
Have you connected to the right output on the amp! mix settings on headunit!

ckandsj, Oct 31, 5:42am
There should be a switch on the amp for LP (just bass for subs) Hp (just high and treb for front speakers) and FULL ( full range) FULL is what you want it set to for 6x9s

dunedin_moto, Oct 31, 5:43am
Sounds like you have the filter switch the wrong way round.is it switched to low pass perhaps!

inkapuka, Oct 31, 5:59am
i will ad pics to show you

inkapuka, Oct 31, 6:16am
uploading a pic of the other side the thin cables are 6x9 are the ones with red connector bit on them. black thick is sub

inkapuka, Oct 31, 6:18am
sorry woosh is slow lol

ckandsj, Oct 31, 6:18am
see the switch is on LPF thats low pass filter which means it will only play bass switch that off and you will be sorted

dunedin_moto, Oct 31, 6:20am
Do this.

ckandsj, Oct 31, 6:22am
You cannot run it like that you have to have the rear channel for the sub and the front channel for the 6x9s. This means you will have to get some splitters for your rca's so you can plug them into the front to

inkapuka, Oct 31, 6:22am
sweet so iv'e got it wired up right! i used to only have a mono channel it only had sub.Nowif wanted to wire up sub since it's dual coil where would i put the other wires for that!

dunedin_moto, Oct 31, 6:23am
Jesus.

inkapuka, Oct 31, 6:23am
ill try it now and see it that works

ckandsj, Oct 31, 6:23am
Leave the black sub wires where they are and move the 6x9 wires up to the line above where it says front.

inkapuka, Oct 31, 6:25am
what im just trying to save coin to diy and learn so i dont have to get someone else to do it for me

dunedin_moto, Oct 31, 6:25am
Did you read any of the info on that site I posted the other day!

inkapuka, Oct 31, 6:26am
do i need anothe rca lead to do that

dunedin_moto, Oct 31, 6:26am
And good on you too. But you should ask before you DIY:) I have posted some info in the past for you and have others but judging by the pictures you havent paid any attention. No offense intended.

dunedin_moto, Oct 31, 6:28am
Yes you will. How many outputs does your head unit have! Other option is using a splitter

ckandsj, Oct 31, 6:29am
Yeah or you can get little splitter leads that that go from one pug to two. You plug one on the right then plug those two to right front and right rear do the same for left

dunedin_moto, Oct 31, 6:30am
Or just run your 6x9s straight off the head unit.much easier.
Better to amplify a set of decent front speakers than any rear speakers.

inkapuka, Oct 31, 6:30am
ok just tested it with it set too off and its less bass and i think i can hear voice but not noticeable

inkapuka, Oct 31, 6:31am
my headunit has 2 rca

inkapuka, Oct 31, 6:33am
i have sony 3 way in front doors 2way in rear not sure in power rating but not commponent

inkapuka, Oct 31, 6:33am
any on trademe you can show as an example so i know what you on about!