Recommendations please for Car Stero with

badcam, Oct 31, 11:14pm
Bluetooth and a 3.5 stereo in jack for an MP3 Player. I want something that'll connect well with my Android phone and has a microphone that can be placed up by the sunvisor. Budget is probably around $350.00. Possible!

mazzyz, Nov 1, 2:14am
Not sure if they post to NZ, but this model is really good - the only modern thing in my car.
http://shop.pioneer.com.au/shop-online/car-entertainment/car-stereo/deh7350bt-cd-tuner-bluetooth-ipod-aux-2po

trdbzr, Nov 1, 3:14am
For that price you will get a number of options in the Sony, JVC, Panasonic and Pioneer range. Have a look at Hyper and pop down into Repco and Supercheap etc

http://www.hyper.co.nz/drive/product/head-units/128/list

badcam, Nov 1, 4:31am
Actually, I popped into Repco this afternoon. I didn't realise just how inexpensive these things are. It looks like I can pick up something that suits all my needs for less than $250.00. The Bluetooth is very important though. I don't want the caller to be listening to too much background noise.

fordcrzy, Nov 1, 7:25am
jvc do a unit that has no cd player. just the aux/bluetooth sd card inputs.do a search on jvc mechless tuner

joanie32, Nov 1, 7:44am
if you want a sony , theres one somewhereon the road, just south of Hamilton. I managed to remove it from my ute without the aid of any tools at all, and get it out the window. I now have original Mazda stereo back in that actually works every time.

ralphdog1, Nov 1, 10:31am
Bought a PIONEER DEH-6450BT. Like it.
Will do all you are asking for, seen them on here below 300.

badcam, Nov 2, 2:18am
Is the faceplate detachable. I should have mentioned that. My vehicle is parked on the street all the time, so I'd like to be able to remove the faceplate.

The JVC KW-R700BT looks interesting. But, that too doesn't seem to have a removable faceplate.

ryanm2, Nov 2, 3:47am
do people actually steal headunits anymore! They are so cheap to begin with so is their a market for them stolen/secondhand.

mazzyz, Nov 2, 3:54am
badcam, both Pioneer models above( DEH-6450/7350BT) have detachable faceplates.

badcam, Nov 2, 4:21am
So they do. Great. And the Bluetooth is good for the callers!

mazzyz, Nov 2, 4:49am
^^^ Yep, phone automatically connects when you hop into car. Phone calls are clear as, my microphone is nearby drivers window, no problems with sound(hearing or being heard).

badcam, Nov 2, 5:35am
Very good. Thanks.