Wheel trolleys for moving cars.

dr.doolittle, Nov 4, 1:04am
What are those trolleys called that can be put under your car wheels so you can push your car sideways! Any links to them on TM! I'm running out of space & have to think of more creative ways of storing my cars. Thanks.

intrade, Nov 4, 1:07am
supersheep auto have them for sale . I just use a floor jack or 2 to move cars in tight corners. Do you shift em often or what!

dr.doolittle, Nov 4, 1:11am
Thanks for the quick reply guys!
I dont shift them too often, maybe once every couple of weeks.
I didnt think about the floorjack being used, but part of my factory floor is very old & the concrete is almost exposed aggregate in some parts. Perhaps I could smooth parts with mortar & user a floor jack.

intrade, Nov 4, 1:26am
that looks like crap from the picture dont know how good the supersheep ones are but better then that for sure.

trader_84, Nov 4, 2:07am
Get the wheel dollies. Get 4 of them. They are heaps better and less agravating to use than using trolley jacks. You can execute spinning a vehicle around within its own length or anywhere inbetween using dollies. You can't do that with a trollyjack. If your diff(s) have serious offset then a jack won't work either. I've got trolleyjacks, dollies and a need to move cars around everyso often . the long term stuff ends up on dollies. The ones that are sold by Supercheap and Repco etc . ummm Wayco, Powerbuilt yada yada . they are all much of the sameness. The ones here are Powerbuilt ones but I swear to god they are the same as the ones down at Supercheap. I keep heavy arsed solid axle Luxies on dollies . with no problems at all.

andy61, Nov 4, 2:10am
Checkout Wheel dollieson www.savebarn.co.nz,enter WHE050 in the search section

dr.doolittle, Nov 4, 2:17am
Cool guys.
I've just bought a vette & the exhaust runs below & around the diff, so jacking from the centre is next to impossible.
PLUS, some dolly's would be handy for the boat too. I never thought of that until now.

intrade, Nov 4, 2:18am
same crap and more expensive .

intrade, Nov 4, 2:24am
http://media.supercheapauto.com.au/sca/images/128776.jpg

they got a jack built in . the other stuff looks like you got to lift the wheel and slide it under the tyre and the wheels look like from a couch and fall off . supersheep have these on special sometime but that sorto of thing be what i be getting on and off tyres fast. they squeeze togather lifting car off ground

tuttyclan, Nov 4, 3:15am
I keep three cars in a double garage.I have two hard up against the walls(very close lol) and one in between (middle) I drive them into that position.

kazbanz, Nov 4, 3:38am
doctor d--Ive got a set that you have to drop the wheels into.On solid castors so once the wheel is in you push the car left/right back forwards etc.
Ive used them a few times and they are great.

socram, Nov 4, 3:48am
I have two of these and also two dollies.
The built in jacks are far easier than the dollies, but you need more space.If you want to push the car up against the wall, then you'd have to leave the "go jacks" in place.Great - just as long as you don't need to use them on another car.
The dollies can be a pain as you have to jack the car up to slide them under the wheels.