How many spray cans to paint a small car plz?

Page 1 / 3
kiwibookhunter, Nov 6, 8:52pm
Suzuki alto, Daihatsu mira, Subaru ace, that size car.How many cans of spray and how many clear coat cans!

trader_84, Nov 6, 9:00pm
It depends . do you want a job that will last and you can be proud of . or just one that looks like a piece of turd like every other car painted with a rattle can ends up looking like. So which one . normal turd or polished turd!

chebry, Nov 6, 9:07pm
Make sure to wash the dirt off first, that gives a smoother finish

kiwibookhunter, Nov 6, 9:17pm
Polished turd stats plz, it is a nice little car.

jmma, Nov 6, 9:23pm
How big is the can!(o:

attitudedesignz, Nov 6, 9:29pm
Saves me typing all that haha.

kiwibookhunter, Nov 6, 9:29pm
325 gram cans

attitudedesignz, Nov 6, 9:35pm
You'll never get a "polished" turd using aerosol cans. Yes you will get people in here saying "Yes you can, i painted my car with spray cans and it looks mint"

I'm here to tell you after 30 years of being a painter i've NEVER seen a mint aeroslol can paint job.

rsr72, Nov 6, 9:38pm
#1- You can't. Impossible for you to even try to.

chebry, Nov 6, 9:42pm
Youd be better off with a clean broom and some house paint, if you arent going to paint it properly leave it alone

ntalke, Nov 6, 9:46pm
Paint it with a Roller
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php!40341-My-quot-rustoleum-50-roll-on-paint-job-quot

If you like your car and are prepared to spend a little time with it

kiwibookhunter, Nov 6, 9:48pm
come on, some one must know roughly how many 325g spray cans it would take to paint a small car! Surely.

saxman99, Nov 6, 9:50pm
Ten.

kiwibookhunter, Nov 6, 10:04pm
Great thank you.

tazcsv, Nov 6, 11:37pm
my bet will be more than 10, id say 15

bill-robinson, Nov 6, 11:57pm
if it was me i would buy 30 cans. then you have some spare ones for when you paint it and a couple of touchup cans as well

desmodave, Nov 7, 12:52am
x1
Paint it in the paint shops car park then you can just buy 1 at a time when needed.

purple666, Nov 7, 1:02am
Ahh just when I thought this thread was going nowhere, some sense at last.

jmma, Nov 7, 1:07am
Now, how many rolls of masking tape, I hear you ask, (o:

johnf_456, Nov 7, 1:40am
do the Mr bean trick :p

tazcsv, Nov 7, 3:03am
Haha i have seen that done, Repco Invercargill there was a guy with a shitbox car buying spray chrome in a can and painting it outside the front door then running back in for another can. would have been way cheaper to buy 4l of jam and a cheap spray gun.

elect70, Nov 7, 3:29am
Were is male timaru hes the can man . Buy or borrowan electric spayernotprimo finnish but better than cans ,I have seena job done withelectroluxspray jar turn outreasonablewith good cut & polish

brad166, Nov 7, 3:37am
I would have agreed with you until I did a couple of jobs with spray cans over the last couple of weeks. I agree that you cannot do a mint repaint with them but touch ups are another story.

Being in the game for 30 years you would have used lacquer, which is what is put into cans and doing small touch ups are achievable with them if you know what you are doing with paint.

I have not been in the paint game for 30 years but after over 15 years in it do also know a thing or 2 about painting and as I said after the last couple of weekends my opinion has changed about the finish you can get out of a decent spraycan.

If I could upload pics on here I would show you what I mean.

desmodave, Nov 7, 4:47am
MT was the 1st thing i thought of. Im not sure but i think he only did blacks as i recall .

a.woodrow, Nov 7, 4:52am
Pretty close with this guess I'd say. Workmate painted a vauxhall viva he had took him 30 cans