Number plate frames -yes or no?

Page 2 / 2
edangus, Nov 8, 5:58am
The plainer the better

a.woodrow, Nov 8, 7:51am
There was a dealer down here that used to do cheap and nasty resprays on their retailed trade ins and would get their logo painted on in the front corner of the bonnet!

nzdoug, Nov 8, 7:52am

fryan1962, Nov 8, 7:58am
I have a classic and have nice alum number plate surround no advertising

pebbles61, Nov 8, 8:02am
If I got one it'd read "I may be slow, but I'm still ahead of you" lol

stevo2, Nov 8, 8:06am
2 of my 3 have dealer plate frames. One in black and white. The other in chrome. I would rather have them on than have none at all.
The 3rd I have "He who dies with the most toys wins" on the front and "If its too loud, you're too old" on the back.

However the point of them is to advertise for the dealer and I believe they work really well.
It has always been known that advertising works best if a little advertising is done often rather than a big advert occasionally.

sxcstar, Nov 8, 8:10am
Was that inner city!

a.woodrow, Nov 8, 8:14am
lol yep, guess their advertising paid off then huh!.except for the fact they went bust!

maddog007, Nov 8, 8:16am
cars seem to look naked without frames to me.

clark20, Nov 8, 8:19am
Yep keep doing it, looks messy without frames

hatchback, Nov 8, 8:22am
I reckon, abit like buying a Mitre 10 hat

gunhand, Nov 8, 8:40am
Interesting thread. So many will not advertise the car dealer they got the car off as its free advertising. Yet you drive around in a car with XYZ on it, so thats free advertising for XYZ brand. Many prob havejacket or Tee shirt with things on it like, Harley, Triumph, Ford, Holden, Honda or even Speights, DB or any other XXX brand. Do they pay you to advertise!
And you prob have ABC brand stickers on ya tool boxs as well.
If Im treated well at any dealer Im happy to leave the surround on.

ghost-roaster, Nov 8, 8:42am
I personally take them off, but just look at how many people don't. A quick count on your way to work will soon tell you if it's worth it or not. At the end of the day it's still cheap adverting.

smac, Nov 8, 7:08pm
First thing I did was replace the dealers frames. Ugly as sin. Unless you're selling the type of car that is going to make people say "wow, where do I get one of THOSE!" then I really don't see the point. It says nothing positive about your business, but may say plenty negative about it (ie.once you've made the sale you have no control over the control of the vehicle or the driving behaviour).

One benefit I'd never thought of: I was riding around Aucks with the dealer, and he spotted their frames on a Taxi. He remembered the sale and knew damn well it hadn't been declared for commercial use. Good luck to that guy if he ever tries a warranty claim!

curlcrown, Nov 8, 8:23pm
It makes the yard look much better of all the cars have the frames on them, just one more thing that creats a better immage.

nzdoug, Nov 8, 10:31pm
Nice Euro plate sets off the monchrome look of most Euros.

mopsy3, Nov 9, 1:54am
Advertising and being proud of a 'brand' that you choose to buy and support is not the same as advertising the guy that sold it to you. He just happened to market the 'brand' that you support whether it be a car, tool, paint whatever. You wouldn't go around advertising the local dairy just because he sells the 'brand' of bread you prefer to buy would you!

footplate1, Nov 9, 10:04am
I have a set made every now and again.With a message.Previous one said "Only Dickheads don't indicate".

n1smo_gtir, Nov 9, 10:32am
I had one: if u can read this then u r following too effing close! Effing spelt in full.

loose.unit8, Nov 10, 12:24am
I certainly whip the plate surrounds off any car I buy.The car yard I used to work for put other people's surrounds on the crappy trade-ins lol.What's worse is those bloody car places stick their crappy stickers on my car just for doing work I have paid them to do.