3 month warranty finished do I have any rights?

bloggs28, Nov 8, 3:48am
Bought the car from dealership, had the car for 4 1/2 monthsand had 3 month warranty. Gear box is making clicking noise and right front shock absorber is leaking badly.
do I have any rights!

jmma, Nov 8, 3:49am
Depends, how many km's you done and what vehicle it is , what have you been using it for!

horsygirl, Nov 8, 3:56am
Labour voter are we!

bellky, Nov 8, 3:58am
I'd say probly not bloggs28.

bellky, Nov 8, 3:59am
How rude - there's nothing wrong with voting Labour. When you become enlightened you may vote Labour/Greens/Mana too :)

bloggs28, Nov 8, 4:04am
Done 4354km and just driving it to shops and school

bloggs28, Nov 8, 4:04am
nissan pressage 2004

00quattro00, Nov 8, 4:06am
Has the clicking being diagnosed by a mechanic! because it could well be a cv, and if it is they are wear and tear items like the shock, I dont see why it should be covered

bellky, Nov 8, 4:06am
Nah you're stuffed bloggs28; warranty run out and I can't see CGA helping as your issues given the amount of time and kms travelled seem like normal wear and tear to me. Soz.

fordluva, Nov 8, 4:13am
Have you spoken to the dealer! personally I wouldnt expect them to fix it as anything can happen in that time/mileage and it would be unrealistic to expect them to, but some are better than others and may offer to help out with trade price parts ! just a thought.

bloggs28, Nov 8, 4:18am
Thanks guys, had mechanic checked and said noise is coming from transmission. Dealer is having a look on Wednesday.
Thanks fro advice, didnt know what CGA covered.

kazbanz, Nov 8, 5:34am
Bloggs-04 done about 80-100k! -Yep front shocks are goneburgered.
Its happened often enough to Presages I import that I just budget for new shocks. DON'T cheap out and try to buy a single second hand shock or worseone new shock because it will bite you really hard.
Please understand Im not being disrespectful to your mechanic but Id get the shocks replaced first. Clean up the horrible mess from the pumped out shock oil THEN see if the click is still there.A badly leaking Presage shock makes some really strange noises including a clicking/clunking noise.
Give Terry at Henderson Valley Automotive a yell because he has worked out a perfect matching insert (the oil filled bit) for the Presage

matthew111, Nov 8, 7:35am
the right to sell the vehicle ASAP

planted4u, Nov 8, 6:37pm
Sprung lol