Replacing clutch in Mitsi chariot

caitlin34, Nov 10, 11:04pm
To replace the clutch in a 1993 Mitsh chariot do I need to lift out the engine or can it be dropped down!

intrade, Nov 10, 11:20pm
um you remove the gearbox usually. from below.

intrade, Nov 10, 11:23pm
i would check for other things like rust in roof and window areas befor you throw money at a car like this.

mugenb20b, Nov 10, 11:27pm
Engine stays where it is, there are 4 engine monuts, 3 are attached to the gearbox.so just drop the box out from below. Make sure you align the new clutch plate before refitting the gearbox.

a.woodrow, Nov 11, 12:03am
Is it 4wd or 2wd! 4wd is motor and box together, 2wd is box only

phillip.weston, Nov 11, 1:23am
I call bullshit on this one. I've replaced a clutch on a 4WD RVR which is mechanically the same as a 4WD Chariot of that era and it was as easy as any other FWD car dropping the box down. Only extra steps were pulling the exhaust down and transfer case off. Have also removed automatic transmissions from 4WD RVRs too with little difficulty. They are no different than a Galant or Lancer of the same era.

a.woodrow, Nov 11, 2:36am
Call it what you like, have done a few and while it is possible to do it without dropping the motor, it's faster and easier to

alan1111, Nov 11, 3:17am
Yup totally agree about a extra 20 minutes work.

dent, Nov 11, 4:53am
Mitsi desgined those 4wd gearboxs well. Once you remove the transfer case which is easy it just becomes like removing a 2wd gearbox. Easy as

phillip.weston, Nov 12, 1:44am
Well you're doing it wrong. No need to drop the motor at all.