Mitsi 2.5 turbo

hfc2, Jan 17, 12:18am
thanks for info on 3l surf. these 2.5 turbos ok! looking at one with 200000 k,s regularly serviced. cheers.

phillip.weston, Jan 17, 12:22am
probably another to steer away from unless it has a good service history and no signs of being neglected. 91 onwards models tend to have fewer problems than the earlier models but are still susceptible to blowing head gaskets and cracking cylinder heads if over-heated. I had a 2.5 Turbo Diesel in my L300 Delica 4x4 with 220,000+kms and it went well enough but I did have a problem with a dribbling injector giving excess smoke on cold starts.

primemeat, Jan 17, 12:27am
Had a 92 Pajero with 275000ks on it and went well untill sold it to a farmer and he blew the head up,Shotgun blew a hole in the floor and work dogs ate the leather interior.Crashed it through a fence twice and used to put lambs in the back.

desmodave, Jan 17, 12:50am
Just seen 1 being towed past home rather slowly was abit beaten up and had no back door.Was most likely being droped off at the locall dump or what we like to call Mitre 11

uhc1, Jan 17, 4:09am
i have97 l200 4x4 2.5 turbo. nothing but problems. will never buy another mitsi after this. in 3 years owner ship we have had to do clutch. 2 x top end rebuilds. turbo and the drive shaft and now the gearbox. i wont own another one. and just so you know i dont thrash it either.