Honda Odyssey '95 Central Locking

cherieandmark, Nov 17, 8:01pm
Hi, I have an issue with the central locking system on our car. It seems the passengers door doesn't catch properly when it closes and makes this horrible noise! Would I be able to fix this myself! Is this a small issue! If not how to disable the central locking system all together!!

Thanks

kazbanz, Nov 17, 9:15pm
Its a pretty common issue and easy to fix. Just fit a new central ocking motor.Either second hand from the likes of strong brothers or if you aren't a mechanical type call your local alarm installer. They have generic door motors. i recommend using the guys from AVS based on my experience dealing with them

cherieandmark, Nov 17, 10:00pm
I just had a look, I took the panel off and was pretty sure the motor was located somewhere above the speaker, strange enough I was stumped that the actual motor and please correct me if am wrong is situated by the lock itself, its hard to reach and it would take quite a while to remove.
Its like in a separate compartment where the window goes down. I think you can remove al this but am to afraid I would not get it back together again.lol

kazbanz, Nov 17, 11:14pm
follow the lock button down into the door and it will end up at a white box -thats the CL motor

zak1998, Nov 18, 2:15am
They sell them on here 2nd hand $90 any auto electrical will fit it for about $50 it's a common fault. The motor is by where the door clicks into the car

cherieandmark, Nov 18, 4:42am
Hi Zak1998, yep I discovered it! Thanks for the advice, I though I might be able to do it myself, I just don't have any idea how to reach it, there are 2 big screws where the door clicks in but I don't think that would take the entire thing apart.

cherieandmark, Nov 18, 9:02am
Anyone know how to disable the central locking system for now! It's 10pm and I can hear it from my bed!