Kaz & / or car painters, a quick Q please.

attitudedesignz, Nov 17, 9:03pm
Further to my 'right turn' thread.
The lady turned up yesterday for me to see the damage and it's a very easy fix so no problem there.
I asked her if she had insurance and she does but she's not worried 'bout using it and she wants us to do the reapair. The reason being is she was impressed by the boy stopping and apoligising, giving her his ful details and organising to have it repaired himself, she was very surprised there are still some good kids out there.

Anyway, it was chucking it down when she came out and i struggled to find the plate so i could get the paint code, wasn't in engine bay, could ya tell me where it is.

2003 Toyota Caldina.
It's a solid white so hoping it'll be something like 040 - 045, standard Toyota whites. I need to find the code fist because she can only be without the car on weekends so need to order colour beforhand.
She's also ok with me doing it when i can, which is in a couple of weeks.

So alll in all an ok outcome considering i guess.

kazbanz, Nov 17, 9:12pm
Try left hand front passenger door pillar,Then theres the plastic panel above the firewall. A 200mmx100mm section of that often popps out
Then down lown by the right hand headlight

gunhand, Nov 17, 9:14pm
God i hate when the code is ellusive or non exsistant or irelivent even when you do find one.Done a Focus the other day, what a nightmare to get correct code etc. Why manufactures make it hard or stupid is beyound me.
Anyway, If its not in any of the useuall places can you not search whites for that year toyota and then use swatchs to check!Not sure of your set up though or what computer system you use.

attitudedesignz, Nov 17, 9:22pm
Cheers kaz, may have to go into town and have a look over her car during the week.

LOL gun', the ones i used to love/hate were Audi's, whose bright idea was it to put the codes under spare tyre in the boot.
I don't have set up scales here and my program is up to 2000, besides i'm not going to spend hours trying to match some version of 'cloud white' lol, also looks like left rear corner has had a touch up at some stage so finding the code is probably a waste of time anyway.

gunhand, Nov 17, 9:41pm
Swatch match and paint.they never notice anyway if its a shade out.

rob_man, Nov 17, 9:56pm
Yeah, they shifted them around a bit and different model Toyotas still have them in different places. 050 is probably the most common from that period, i would look where Kaz said and anywhere in either front door jamb on the A or B pillars.

gmphil, Nov 17, 9:59pm
Should of got petrol flap! For match at paint shop