Why would a passengers window

Page 1 / 2
otorocks, Nov 20, 5:34am
Why would a passenger window just explode! We were on a rural road and were wondering if it might have been a stray bullet.Any ideas!

intrade, Nov 20, 5:36am
yup that will do it or a stone , nothing else realy will brake tempered glass .

grangies, Nov 20, 5:38am
Surely if it was a bullet, there would be extra damage to the vehicle where the bullet ended!

otorocks, Nov 20, 5:41am
We thought that there would be but there isnt.If it was a small calibre bullet would it bounce off! like a .22 or high powered slug gun

grangies, Nov 20, 5:47am
A high powered slug might bounce off.

But I doubt a .22 would (unless it was fired from a long distance, and only had enough velocity left to break the glass. and then a moving car window would be hard to hit a long distances, unless fired by an expert shooter with a top quality gun).

A .22 bullet while relatively small, can still be very destructive towards glass etc.

berg, Nov 20, 6:19am
Stone in the window channel rubbers. Have seen that happen, small stone in the rubber which rests against the edge of the glass while the windows closed. A stray pothole and bang goes the window.

morrisman1, Nov 20, 6:46am
I had one smash when I closed a door, must have been a pressure point. Ive seen a vid of someone throwing hammers at a window and they just bounced off. Ive tried it myself to break a window when it was sitting on concrete - I had to do it so it was concave upwards otherwise it would just flex but not break.

splinter67, Nov 20, 6:51am
You slammed the door aye Ive done it too in a toyota van most embarrassing I have learned to control my anger lol

gammelvind, Nov 20, 7:10am
Saw my Dad do this to the back door, after a discussion with my mother, was he pissed off lol.

morrisman1, Nov 20, 7:24am
nup, didn't slam the door at all. The window was half down at the time. Im guessing it just tweaked somehow in the process which was enough to shatter it.

edwhite, Nov 20, 7:26am
my pick would be a worn rubbermaking a pressure point on the corner of the glass and then the rough road bouncing it on the steel frame. glass goes easy when smashedfrom a corner.

otorocks, Nov 20, 7:01pm
Its never happened to us before so was just wonderingwhat it might have been.Insurance covers it .Glass people rang for the numbers of the good .window so we just have to wait for a new window.Can't leave the unattended in town

splinter67, Nov 20, 7:51pm
what car do you have as I have a few side windows and might be able to help you

otorocks, Nov 20, 7:56pm
2002 Primera sedan

splinter67, Nov 20, 7:58pm
Dont think I have one of those but will have a look today for ya which door

otorocks, Nov 20, 8:38pm
front left

splinter67, Nov 20, 8:38pm
cool will check for ya

otorocks, Nov 20, 11:17pm
All fixed now

red97, Nov 21, 4:15am
silage season, a mower may have flicked a stone at you!

otorocks, Nov 21, 5:26am
The glass guy said it had major impact to break

skin1235, Nov 21, 8:16am
someone has taken out a contract on you
have you been p****ing the neighbours off again, or tupping someone else's partner
be very careful, even stepping into a shower could be hazardous - especially if the door handle has funny wires attached
is that the clock ticking!, or a a package on the back doorstep

supernova2, Nov 21, 8:48am
No it's a damm horsetruck gearbox.(Skin'll understand)

davedave, Nov 21, 9:06am
Best one I ever saw. An Egyptian customer (fiery type) failed a WOF for a couple of things on his little van, wanted us to issue the WOF and he would come back later for the repairs (Tui). We explained we could get started on it straight after lunch, be ready in an hour or so after that (just tyres and lights form memory). He went on and on about being a good customer and how we should look after him and fix it now then seeing as we wouldn't just give him the WOF. So he went mental, stormed over to his car and really slammed the door hard, and the side window went off like it had been shot. He never even blinked, spun the tyres in reverse and zoomed off. He came back in an hour or so later for us to do the repairs and fit a replacement window (overnight as it turned out). He was polite as in the future!

otorocks, Nov 21, 11:23pm
We were actually mobile when this happened so no door slamming

horsygirl, Nov 21, 11:54pm
Who killed JR!