Nissan Bluebird. Hi i have a nz new 97 bluebird s model u13 my heaterfan controll is only working on full speed with nothing on

chutneyman, Nov 20, 11:48pm
Hi. I have a NZ New 97 Bluebird S. Model U13 .My heater/fan controll is only working on full speed with nothing on setting 1,2, or 3.I see the unit is one piece.
Can any one please tell me if they are inter changable with other Bluebird modrls. This is the ist Nissan Ive owned.

Thanks

franc123, Nov 20, 11:51pm
Its probably not the switch at all, more likely the resistor block in the heater casing. I'd get a proper diagnosis before worrying about switch compatibility.

shaun16, Nov 21, 12:05am
my nissan primera does the same thing. like above said i think and have read its the resistor block. i havent bothered fixing it as the car is worth bugger all and chances are a secondhand one will have the same problem or get the problem. maybe you can get new ones or get it fixed though im not sure!

tmenz, Nov 21, 1:11am
The resistor blocks are available but they are expensive, both new and second hand!
I reconditioned mine by adding new surface mount resistors to it - but then, I'm a cheapskate!

trade4us2, Nov 21, 5:25am
If you are clever you can fix it for nothing.
Take the resistors out. One will be broken. Poke the broken ends into a copper tube and crimp them together. I've done this on several cars and they still go fine.

chutneyman, Nov 21, 5:52am
OMG sounds too hard for me to fix !