Ok downgrading car

Page 1 / 2
inkapuka, Nov 21, 12:19am
Currently have a v6 commy its good for my needs but its expensive to run im 20 and dont like low fart cannon jap crap lol would it be possible to trade in on another whil im still paying off commy!

inkapuka, Nov 21, 12:20am
Is there any fun little car that like the foot flat most of the time that can move but not drink the fuel lol

fiatracer, Nov 21, 12:42am
yes no probably not today but look on trademe where foot flat like car drink not commy

gooddealz2, Nov 21, 12:43am
You might find that a smaller car isn't neccesarily cheaper to run.I've got a V8 Commodore and had a 2.0 litre Saab turbo.It was cheaper in the Saab around town but cheaper to take the Commodore to Invercargill from Dunedin.Think about what you're using your car for before buying another.Possibly cheaper to keep paying off what you've got rather than taking on another loan.Not many car yards for instance would be keen on you trading down as where's the money in it for them.

inkapuka, Nov 21, 1:04am
True

timmo1, Nov 21, 3:05am
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,-
,. <- Here is some free punctuation for you :) Feel free to use it to improve the readability of your posts.

splinter67, Nov 21, 3:08am
Op yes you can trade it in while you are paying it off

itsbutters, Nov 21, 3:29am
OP, get a Honda Accord or Torneo (98-onwards). Super reliable, economical, fast when you need it and they look good.

xpfairmont, Nov 21, 4:23am
v lol

kazbanz, Nov 21, 5:41am
OP --the problem is that unless your "commy" is a minter and/or a late model you may find its value has dropped a LOT.
Before thinking of trading it or selling it and getting another car you might want to see what you owe on it first. Then get an idea what you will REALLY get for it as a trade in.
If you are interested then post up the cars details and we'd be happy to give you an idea of what its worth.
Being holden of course its worth many thousands more than one of those blue oval cars :-)

petal_91, Nov 21, 6:24am
I suggest the Fiat Stilo Abarth.

petal_91, Nov 21, 6:26am
Also Alfa 147.

poppajn, Nov 21, 6:37am
Just traded my Torneo SIR; a great car and economical; in some way,s I wish I,d kept it only done 113,00

inkapuka, Nov 22, 12:21am
Its a vx s2 berlina v6 with bodykit. Factory 17inch alloys and 124kms has elec seats,rear park assist elec sunroof tow bar.

inkapuka, Nov 22, 12:21am
But stil got 10k owing on it

inkapuka, Nov 22, 12:22am
Oh and its 2001

fiatracer, Nov 22, 12:39am
ouch

fiatracer, Nov 22, 12:41am
so what's retail on that - 12 grand!

so what's your trade price likely to be! 8 grand! 7 grand!

carstauranga001, Nov 22, 2:45am
Looks like you're keeping it then.

kazbanz, Nov 22, 2:56am
sorry mon you owe about what it would sell for so you are unlikely to get near that as a trade in
Youl go backwards 2k or so I'd say --and that buys a LOT of petrol

gunhand, Nov 22, 5:50am
You not ging to get anywhere near what you want for it so your still going to be in debt sadly.You havent had this car long at all (have you!) so is there another reason your selling apart form to expensive to run! Not that anyone needs to know really. But if you drive it sensably it shouldnt be that costly. What sort of costs you talking about per week to run it and what distances you traveling. A smaller car may only cost $10 a week less to run anyway.

inkapuka, Nov 22, 6:30am
Ive had it for 3 orso months and ill fill it up evert12,14 days mainly rural driving i dont live in town but yeah id probably be best to keep it till i own it then just upgrade to a vz or vy s or ss. How old do you normally have to be to get insurance for a v8!

daryl14, Nov 22, 6:55am
OMFG.

Sounds like your best bet is to try to find another 20 year old to sell it to for what you paid for it.

gunhand, Nov 22, 7:39am
No age restriction as such, some won't even look at you and others will charge like a wounded bull. At 25 things get a bit better in that department.

fiatracer, Nov 22, 8:06am
or sleep on it, re-read these posts, and think harder about not digging a hole.