Car Alarm/GPS tracker with central locking?

donz01, Nov 21, 8:12am
Is such an alarm available. We want to fit an alarm and seem to think that the Gps tracking could be suitable. It will be fitted to an older car that does not have central locking and if such a unit was available with actuators etc we could do the lot. If some one knows what brand and model etc it would be appreciated if you could let me know. Many Thanks in advance.

intrade, Nov 21, 8:21am
well you might have a problem as central locking is something different but can be incorporated i gues. you will need actuators inside the doors

supernova2, Nov 21, 8:39am
Central lock kits are pretty cheap.Alams usually interface with the central lock systems - maybe a relay or two needed but any good auto sparky should be able to point you in the right direction or do the jub.

donz01, Nov 21, 9:27am
I will have no problem doing the full install and wiring, just trying to find appropriate gear. There was a GPS 1 on here a while ago where they found the car over the fence behind a garage after the owner activated the horn from the driveway next door. I cant find it now.

thewomble1, Nov 21, 10:36am
Listing #: 533851894
This one has the ability on command to disable the car.
I have one like this but have not got round to wiring it so as when I send the code it will switch of the fuel etc.At present I send a code and I get a message back telling me the longitude and latitude of the vehicle, is it moving or not and which direction it is heading. Put the figures into google earth and you find the car.Everytime I have tried it the car has been within a 2 meter radius. If has a stand by battery so if the car battery is cut it sends a message giving location. Also has a SOS button. Cost$20 prepaid card which depending how many times it is used will last a year.

motorboy2011, Nov 21, 10:53am
That was my car behind the garage, I didn't have an alarm, just a $150 gps tracker. I simply wired the fuel cut function to activate the horn instead of cutting power to the fuel pump.

donz01, Nov 22, 5:13am
Motorboy2011Is there any chance you could tell me the brand and model of your tracker.

thewomble1, Nov 22, 5:45am
Some of the GPS Trackers have internal aerials so all you have to do is 'hid' the unit. Others have external aerials so you have to 'hid' the unit and try to 'hid' the aerial otherwise the aerial lets others know there is a GPS unit somewhere in the car. The one I use has the internal aerial so was easy to install under the parcel shelf at the back of the car.The boot light power wire provides 24/7 power supply for the unit.

motorboy2011, Nov 22, 6:05am
External antennas give better signal than the internal antenna model as they can be put in places that better get signal whole remaining hidden in places that the internal antenna model would not fit, ie inside plastic roof rails, under A pillar plastic covers etc. also the external antennas are weather proof so can be out outside, such as in wing mirrors.

motorboy2011, Nov 22, 6:12am
Its a tk103. I recommendgetting one with a remote though to arm and disarm it, if you search in here for gps tracker with remote you will find some. They are exact same as mine, but have a remote. Generally the ones that come with a remote also come with a siren, I recommend NOT fitting the siren as it gives a thief something to follow back to the unit.

fordcrzy, Nov 26, 6:24am
most of the gps trackers DO NOT allow central locking. they simply dont have an output for it. even if you had a central locking relay box it still wouldnt work. if you want GPS AND central locking then you need to get an alarm that has GPS.