Manual button on an automatic subaru?

winihana, Nov 22, 3:15pm
what is it for! Power!/Manual! (sort of in the position of where an "overdrive" button would be). tia

daryl14, Nov 22, 5:27pm
http://lmgtfy.com/!q=subaru+manual+button

Last good deed before I go home.

amie10, Nov 22, 6:41pm
brilliant!

winihana, Nov 23, 7:58am
ooh u guys are so clever!. but they just mumble (ask & answer) on "many-a-explanations"-
; but which one is correct!

winihana, Nov 27, 12:41pm
hmmm! still no definitive answer. (so much for the 2 "brilliant folks") but I had already searched it durrrh!.she should of went straight home

ryanm2, Nov 27, 5:56pm
i always thought it was to hold gear and then you the driver manually changes - good for travelling up and down hills, heavy loads etc when the auto may be switching between gears quite often searching for the right one.

gadgit3, Nov 27, 6:11pm
Power button changes the mode of the trans computer. With the power buttom on the trans will hold on to a gear longer so as the engine can rev higher and it will also change down a gear sooner when you put your foot down so as the engine can get into the power band of the rev range sooner then normal mode.
Manu button will put the trans computer into a mode that will keep the engine out of it's power band. Used in snow or slipry condictions so as the tyres keep there grip with the road.

noswalg, Nov 27, 7:53pm
Manual button will start trans in 2nd gear so as not to lose traction in slippery conditions, trust me the button in my subaru gets lots of use!