Bought a 2005 Honda Fit . so cheap to run

iseeyou1, Nov 26, 2:03am
Wasn't too sure about buying this make ( had my mind set on a Toyota Yarris or similar), but pleased I went with Honda - cheapest petrol eater I've ever had - does 14.5km per litre, heaps room for a 5 door hatch, and parts easily accessed in NZ if issues with it.Doesn't have all the flash gadgets of similar cars, but good stereo and air con - what more do ya need. Recommended.

kazbanz, Nov 26, 2:06am
I hope it isn't an automatic one. If its manual you got a really nice car

tazcsv, Nov 26, 2:13am
Ill just keep paying a bit more for fuel thanks, but for the cost of fuel i get power, handling and i dont feel like im driving around in one of the kids lunch boxes.

splinter67, Nov 26, 2:19am
Great to hear that someone is happy with there new car

iseeyou1, Nov 26, 2:19am
got the automatic, but had plenty of reviews about it and all were good, and had it aa inspected before purchase.

iseeyou1, Nov 26, 2:20am
The kids have got room to move to move in this car, unlike many others. And room for their lunch boxes too.

kazbanz, Nov 26, 2:23am
Hey Im sorry if I come across as being negative but if you bought the car from a dealer I'd make sure you have a MBI (warranty) for three years on the car.
The reviews on them as a NEW car are good. But the transmission is known to cause issues once it gets a few miles on it

iseeyou1, Nov 26, 2:26am
it's all good - didn't think you was negative at all - but always wise to check things out before or after buying from a car dealer - ( esp with the 60 day warranty thing they have to comply by) - the one I got is 85,000 kms.

kazbanz, Nov 26, 2:32am
wazzat 60 warranty thing yer on about! CGA and SOGA can't be quantified like that. An 85000km car it would be reasonable to expect at least 6 months cover on.
Or in better english.- You have a lot more than just 2 months cover under the current law. But even so I'd still stronglke recommend a 3 year MBI

carmedic, Nov 26, 8:03am
I urge you listen to kaz, its not IF the trans starts clunking it WHEN.
I service six Honda Jaz's /Fit's the only one which has either not had trans problems or is not currently clunking to some degree is the manual one. Great cars crap transmissions.

wrong2, Nov 27, 4:09am
my 1991 1600cc nissan pulsar gets me 17 km/l

if thats city driving i guessits not too bad - but for a modern 1500 i would expect it to be better than that